Returning to the hobby

shackb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2025
Messages
6
Reaction score
26
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy! Just got back to reefing after 6/7 year. So much has changed, better tech, better equipment, increased patience on my end!

I started with a 40g breeder and quickly evolved into a Reefer 350. Was about two and a half years in my “beginner” stage that life happened and had to tear it down.

Fast forward to now, life is stable and have time for hobbies again - super stoked! This time I’ve told myself it’ll be different, I’ll be more patient, take my time and to do the little things. After all nothing worth doing in life happens easy or fast! 😄

Look forward to learning from y’all and I will be posting my build soon!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new