Review: Hydor Smart Level ATO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
So what pump do you suggest using with this ATO?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
So what pump do you suggest using with this ATO?

Hey Shep,

The Cobalt MJ pumps work great for ATO's. If the reservoir is right next to the sump, the MJ400 works nicely. If you are pumping up to the tank, the sump is further away from the reservoir or it is a big system then one of the larger MJ900 or MJ1200 should do the trick in most applications. We also recommend getting a ball valve (such as the TwoLittleFishies Ball Vave w/ Hose Barbs) to control the flow rate.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Last edited:

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Will those all work with the Hydor ATO? I have seen in some of the reviews that not all pumps work with the unit.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Shep,

The very first batch of Hydor ATO's from fall/winter 2013 had non-polarized plugs where the 2 prongs are the size. Pumps with polarized plugs did not work with out an adapter.

All the newer units (since spring 2014) have polarized plugs and will work with the Cobalt MJ pumps.

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
I bought one online in late october and I really like it, minimal footprint and ease of use. It has worked great for me until these past few days. The alarm constantly goes off now. It started going off at random hours, really enjoyed it going off at 3 am multiple times. The top off will reach the maximum level within the allotted time interval and it never touches the alarm tab, but that doesnt keep it from randomly beeping for 10 minutes or more. Lately I have been getting annoyed with the beeping and just shut it off after waiting in hopes for it to stop. I even took it out to dry to see if maybe water somehow made it into the housing. No help there of course.

Contacted Hydor about it and currently waiting for response.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Paranoidobseshun... sorry to hear about the trouble with the unit. Hydor is usually pretty quick to respond. If you do not hear back in the next day or two and the unit was purchased from us, please let us know and we will be happy to step in and help you get the issue straightened out.

Last edited:

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
I purchased the unit from another online website, but thank you for stepping in and offering help. Still waiting to hear feedback from Hydor as the unit doesnt work at all anymore. Continuous beeping no matter what I do.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I purchased the unit from another online website, but thank you for stepping in and offering help.

no-worries-mate_design.png

Squadir

View Badges
Reaction score
I bought one online in late october and I really like it, minimal footprint and ease of use. It has worked great for me until these past few days. The alarm constantly goes off now. It started going off at random hours, really enjoyed it going off at 3 am multiple times. The top off will reach the maximum level within the allotted time interval and it never touches the alarm tab, but that doesnt keep it from randomly beeping for 10 minutes or more. Lately I have been getting annoyed with the beeping and just shut it off after waiting in hopes for it to stop. I even took it out to dry to see if maybe water somehow made it into the housing. No help there of course.

Contacted Hydor about it and currently waiting for response.

Paranoidobseshun... sorry to hear about the trouble with the unit. Hydor is usually pretty quick to respond. If you do not hear back in the next day or two and the unit was purchased from us, please let us know and we will be happy to step in and help you get the issue straightened out.

I know this an old thread but did you ever get this issue resolved?
I'm having the exact issue, alarm for no reason at first and now it just doesn't work. :(:(

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I know this an old thread but did you ever get this issue resolved?
I'm having the exact issue, alarm for no reason at first and now it just doesn't work. :(:(

Hi, Squadir! You are welcome to call our technical support team at 1-800-566-FISH (3474) if you'd like help troubleshooting your Hydor ATO.

If you purchased the device from us within the last 60 days, we can also replace it for you. You can get request a return online or over the phone with one of our team members.

Squadir

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi, Squadir! You are welcome to call our technical support team at 1-800-566-FISH (3474) if you'd like help troubleshooting your Hydor ATO.

If you purchased the device from us within the last 60 days, we can also replace it for you. You can get request a return online or over the phone with one of our team members.

thank you :D:D

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back