Reviews Flipper Magnetic Cleaner

ReefAddict44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 1/2" glass on my 210 and I use the flipper max. I've kept it fully submerged in my tank for just over a year and it still works like new and doesn't show any signs of corrosion. The most maintenance I've had to do to it was scraping the tiny tube worm shells off the underside of the blade because I was paranoid that one may scratch the glass.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the flipper nano. Been in my tank for months with no issues. I wouldn't get the nano again, only because the magnet isn't that strong. I would however get the next size up in a heart beat!

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
flipperCleaner responded to my email
"
We are working on making a replacement kit for the felt pad and scrubber, but it won't be available for a few months.

I have replaced the felt on one of mine with just a piece of felt from a hobby store and double stick adhesive.
Or you can just wrap the handle in a cleaning cloth till we have our replacement kit ready

Sorry it's not the perfect solution but we will have it solved soon"

bigdan3489

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best gadget I have bought to date! I have had mine in the tank for 3 months

OP
OP
Roberto CRC

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already decided, I'll buy one. But do not know which model is recommended for my tank. It is 10mm glass. What model do you recommend?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mag floats and a Very nice Magnavore that does a really good job of cleaning the glass. However, when I purchased my Flipper, I was beyond pleased when I saw how easily it cleans the hard build up that you just cannot get off with a standard mag. I LOVE mine. that said, because I have a rimless tank, I pull mine after each use and stick it to my light that hangs above the tank. I didnt want to run the risk of the blade deteriorating.

I still use my magnavore and the mag float as well. just cause I like them.

bigdan3489

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The standard flipper will work up to 1/2" glass so it will work for your setup imo. 10mm is less than 1/2"

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold on a sec, what am I missing. I have the Tunze care manet long and a bowfront tank. The tunze would transition over the corners w/o jacking up the silicone but I could never get the glass on the back wall due to my light hanger and plumbing. or the glass near the sandbed well. I bought the flipper and I keep it on one side of the tank, but I keep using my Tunze more often. Am I missing something about how cool this mag is? Is it b/c I have a bowfront that I don't see the $40 value in this? I have magnetic rockwork on my sides and back glass and have to maneuver around those all the time and this thing is a bit bulky. Plus the flipping is hard to get down. However, 3 months in and no rust or signs of wear and tear on the blade for me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong...

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the standard one since two years now fully submerged and no signs of corrosion
great cleaner ;)

SPS Junky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at purchasing this mag cleaner but want to be sure it's safe for the seams on my 90G rimless Starphire system. Haven't found any related info so far in my searches. Anyone have any info or experience with use on rimless tanks with regard to stress on the seams? Many thanks for any info you can provide.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back