Reviews Flipper Magnetic Cleaner

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends,

I wanted to know if anyone can give me references about that product, particularly of the blade.

I had wanted to buy one but not if the blade rust having to be submerged in water, because if each time it is used there to get her out and give it some maintenance would be somewhat tedious.

Who has experience with this or any other similar that can help me with information.

Thank you

Mbnym74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flipper is the best!!!!!! I have had it in my tank 6 months and no rust, by far the best magnet cleaner I have ever used

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont leave it in the tank but I also dont baby it and dry it off when I do use it and so far no rust!

Never gotten it to really do the "flip" either it just kinda floats to far away for me...but then I havnt been practicing it.

Mbnym74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flip is very simple, you will master it in 5 minutes

Pepcrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the flipper that is rated for the 1'' thick tank. I have a 3/4'' acrylic tank. Doesnt work worth a crap. I had to use a stronger dry side magnet. I also had to sand down the acrylic scraper so it would "kinda" work. If you have a large tank 3/4'' or thicker dont waist your $

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 1 for like 1 year or so. I park the tip/blade above the water surface. My buddy has his submerged and coral line algae is growing all over it. No rust so far for both of us. It works very well on both glass or acrylic tanks for me. I have had it for my glass tank for the last 7 months and it still works OK. However, I do see the blade needs to be replaced as it does not work as efficiently as before. They charge a bit more than they should on the replacement blades but not too much to cry about :)

Get one and you will never look back.

I use the regular flipper which claims it support up to 1/2 inch thick glass and my tank is 1/2 inch thick and the magnets are great. I can't comment on the other 2 models I have not used.

BTW, SaltWaterAquarium has 1 of the best price for replacement blade for the flippers. I was not able to find cheaper price. They sell on their site and ebay.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roberto CRC

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the flipper that is rated for the 1'' thick tank. I have a 3/4'' acrylic tank. Doesnt work worth a crap. I had to use a stronger dry side magnet. I also had to sand down the acrylic scraper so it would "kinda" work. If you have a large tank 3/4'' or thicker dont waist your $

which of the 3 models bought?

OP
OP
Roberto CRC

Roberto CRC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 1 for like 1 year or so. I park the tip/blade above the water surface. My buddy has his submerged and coral line algae is growing all over it. No rust so far for both of us. It works very well on both glass or acrylic tanks for me. I have had it for my glass tank for the last 7 months and it still works OK. However, I do see the blade needs to be replaced as it does not work as efficiently as before. They charge a bit more than they should on the replacement blades but not too much to cry about :)

Get one and you will never look back.

I use the regular flipper which claims it support up to 1/2 inch thick glass and my tank is 1/2 inch thick and the magnets are great. I can't comment on the other 2 models I have not used.

BTW, SaltWaterAquarium has 1 of the best price for replacement blade for the flippers. I was not able to find cheaper price. They sell on their site and ebay.....

ok, thanks for the review.

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they sell replacement felt for these magnets? Mines getting worn out...

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they do, it's called getting a new one LOL. How the heck can that be worn out? These guys are in the market only over a year right? Put the whole thing in vinegar over night and they look spanking new.

Do they sell replacement felt for these magnets? Mines getting worn out...

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vinegar? I'm talking about the piece that goes on the outside of the tank . The felt wears off on these....at least it has with every magnet I've ever owned. With my old magnet they sold replacement pads. I don't see them available for these Flippers.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the nano and the regular sized models. I use the nano on my QT tank and the regular on my 80 gallon Deep Blue. These are by far the best magnet cleaners I have ever used. I replace the blade about 2-3 times a year, and never remove the wetside from the tank. I've had the blades sitting in my SPS dominant tanks for up to 6 months at a time and no issues. My only complaint is that the nano size doesn't have an ABS plastic scraper for acrylic tanks, or at least it didn't when I check a few months back.

These things work extremely well and they have such a narrow profile. So, if you've got rock close to the glass in any areas you'll likely still be able to squeeze the flipper into that spot.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, you got a valid point there. Mine maybe in need to be replaced also. Let me look into that :)

Vinegar? I'm talking about the piece that goes on the outside of the tank . The felt wears off on these....at least it has with every magnet I've ever owned. With my old magnet they sold replacement pads. I don't see them available for these Flippers.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back