Reviving a Bleached Magnifica Anemone

What happened? Typically if they're eating a bleached mag (and most other anemones) can recover.
The last few times I tried to feed, it seems like the anemone is trying, but no matter how long I leave pumps off (up to an hour in one attempt), it still loses the food to flow...have I just been too impatient?
 
What are you feeding? Consider trying smaller food that the anemone can grasp onto. I typically feed frozen mysis, but you can also try regular pellet fish food, too.
 
I was chopping up shrimp into tiny pieces per an earlier suggestion. I can try turkey-bastering some mysis close enough for it to catch some. I feed the fish in the tank TDO pellets that I could try spot feeding as well.
 
Any update on how it turned out? I'm facing the same problem with my RBTA.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new