Reviving a Bleached Magnifica Anemone

gobybryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all-

I have a bleached magnifica anemone that I'm attempting to revive. I'm going to feed it finely chopped silversides 2X per day until it started to produce some zooxanthellae.
Fingers crossed! Pics incoming :)

-gb

OP
OP
gobybryant

gobybryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3829.jpeg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 times per day is too much. You need to feed him small amount once or twice PER WEEK, small like pencil eraser size. I would not use silverside but use fish or shrimp that is for human consumption. it is a lot cheaper, but more importantly, it has minimal to no possibility of been spoiled which can easily kill your anemone.
Picture is too blue to tell. Possible BTA? Clear picture of the mouth will easily differentiate the two species.

OP
OP
gobybryant

gobybryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noted on the food amount. I'll plan a once or twice a week and pick up some shrimps to feed it. I've actually had this mag for a few months, but it took a turn for the worse. I had a rather large ocellaris in the tank and she beat it up pretty good.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it needs some loving. It does not look like it is bleached, but this is trickly when we don't' have white light picture.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light ... light ... light.

Clean water.
This is very true. My previous Magnifica was under 400w MH in the past.
This one under Radion G3 Pro, 6 inches over the water and anemone top is about 4 inches under the water surface. 100% 12 hrs a day with 30 min ramp up and 30 min ramp down. Lots of current also

OP
OP
gobybryant

gobybryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s currently getting blasted by 4 T5 bulbs! 12 hours per day. Here’s a picture under white light.
image.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is bleached. Make sure it has good light and change water to give t optimal water conditions. If you have another Magnifica or if you can get a few fresh Magnifica tentacles, I would attempt to do Zoos transplant for him to help him recover.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... I don't remember the last time I saw a mag that was completely bleached. Best of luck reviving it!

OP
OP
gobybryant

gobybryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is bleached. Make sure it has good light and change water to give t optimal water conditions. If you have another Magnifica or if you can get a few fresh Magnifica tentacles, I would attempt to do Zoos transplant for him to help him recover.
Does it have to be the tentacle of another mag? I have a haddoni that could spare some zooxanthellae :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back