Reviving torch coral

u1timatereefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local reef shop gave me this for free today. I am new to reef keeping and this is my first torch coral (if you want to call it that lol) and i am wondering if it will survive and if anyone has any tips and tricks for helping it grow and survive.

6757D46B-2D63-4321-9465-60684305E2A8.jpeg BDE6E9B4-5540-4877-9FB0-5A9011DBE71C.jpeg
 
I have been researching myself too as I have recently started adding a few torchs into my tank and prepping for what if scenarios. Seems many swear by KFC (Kung Fu Coral) dip method. Mixed results from what I read but majority has had success. I would definitely give that a shot.
 
Interesting, let's hope for the best!

Paulandreti :cool:
 
I'd be worried if it had a euphyllia bacteria infection and you just introduced it into your tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new