Rev's 400+ Gallon Basement Inwall

Did this build come to a hauling stop? 3 days???????

IMG_2127.JPG
 
Lol been away for a few days.

Bad thing though when I got home one of the circuits GFCI had tripped. It was the pump side.

Need to figure out what's going on!
 
Lol been away for a few days.

Bad thing though when I got home one of the circuits GFCI had tripped. It was the pump side.

Need to figure out what's going on!
I would say you had a GFCI trip! :p

Only 3 things will cause a GFCI trip.

First is a problem with the GFCI device itself. It can either fail a "self check" and trip, or have a mechanical failure to a trip condition.
The second is a difference in current between the hot and neutral plugs. This means some current has to be flowing to ground, and it is tripping as intended for protection.
Third is the user pushing the little test button. Everyone should make a practice of doing this at least once a month, especially if your GFCI's are over 5 years old.
 
Found the problem. I had put a few older heaters in there, two glass, just to start warming it while I was gone. One of them malfunctioned. Look at the black in this photo.

image.jpeg


So I used the shop vac and sucked all that out. Then installed two new heaters I had waiting on me. I'll run some carbon as well.
 
Last edited:
I had a heater fail this week as well...must be something in the water... :D
 
Man, I know it would suck, but I'd be tempted to drain it. No better time than now. Would be better than dealing with metals in the water later.
 
Man, I know it would suck, but I'd be tempted to drain it. No better time than now. Would be better than dealing with metals in the water later.

I'm thinking since I'm cycling the tank it will be ok. The pump shut right down so the effected water was contained to the sump. Think I got most of the nasty. I'll do a big water change before anything goes into the tank.
 
I'm thinking since I'm cycling the tank it will be ok. The pump shut right down so the effected water was contained to the sump. Think I got most of the nasty. I'll do a big water change before anything goes into the tank.
Triton testing is your friend... :D
 
I hate heaters.....

There is a guy in my club that has a line tapped into his hot water tank, and when it's activated, draws water out of the HW through a hose that is coiled in his sump (heating the water over a period of time), that then feeds back into his HWT. His tank is 700g plus, so he probably saves a thousand bucks a year doing it this way. He hates heaters, too.
 
Add some Dr. Tims a couple days ago! I was already showing some ammonia. Hopefully be weeks end I will be ready to go!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new