RFA being weird

ReeferJay86

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2020
Messages
236
Reaction score
149
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just anted to see if this is normal for a RFA to be doing this.
39A789CF-8B1C-4E38-96FB-5A7FF4E4440D.jpeg
 
That doesn't look normal to me. Can you give us some detailed info on your setup? Lights, parameters, age of tank, age of nem, ext?
 
Mine have done this on occasion but not often. I believe it’s something to do with being feed or maybe pooping.
 
Mine do that when they get aholf of something big to eat
 
Mine do that when they get aholf of something big to eat
Interesting, I've kept rfas for almost 10yrs and never experienced this. But I only feed them very small seafood pieces and not very often.
 
Interesting, I've kept rfas for almost 10yrs and never experienced this. But I only feed them very small seafood pieces and not very often.
Not all of them do it. It is mainly the green one with the red center on top. I have already fed the tank for the night and don't generally target feed the rfas but tomorrow ill try to get it puffed up.
20200821_204032.jpg
 
That doesn't look normal to me. Can you give us some detailed info on your setup? Lights, parameters, age of tank, age of nem, ext?
I have a IM30L, 1 AI Prime 16HD w/25% acclimation mode, salinity-1.025 cal-427 phos-.04 alk-8.6. Haven’t checked the rest yet. Tank is 7 months old, starting to get small spots of coralline on the back wall. Just purchased the nem yesterday from LFS. I have another green RFA in the tank, as well as, toxic green hammer and a dragon soul favia.
 
The LFS was slightly rough getting it off the holding basket. I asked her to use her finger to tickle it off, I turned my back and then saw her using the net to get it off . I think it might be injured, I noticed some red veiny like lines under it right now. I can try to get a pic to understand what I’m talking about.
 
Last edited:
In my experience, when they start turning themselves inside out like that they are on the way out. Is it not attaching?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new