RFG in peninsula questions

Ecotech Marine

Salty and Spooky

View Badges
Reaction score
So a few years back I got a RFG for my IM 20g peninsula. It works ok, but some flow hits certain corals too strong and then some corals get almost no flow. Im not great when it comes to putting together pieces so I need some help. Can I get a Y-adapter to spread out/dilute the flow in two directions? Or do I need loc-line for this. Not sure what pieces I need, I think currently I only have 1/2 in adapter and one RFG nozzle. I have tried turning the one nozzle in every direction but the flow is super strong farther away and almost nothing closer to the pump. If anyone could tell me what sizes/pieces to get that would be amazing. Not sure if it works with my tank or not, thanks in advance. I love a gentle flow but not sure I can achieve this with the current tank I have.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
So a few years back I got a RFG for my IM 20g peninsula. It works ok, but some flow hits certain corals too strong and then some corals get almost no flow. Im not great when it comes to putting together pieces so I need some help. Can I get a Y-adapter to spread out/dilute the flow in two directions? Or do I need loc-line for this. Not sure what pieces I need, I think currently I only have 1/2 in adapter and one RFG nozzle. I have tried turning the one nozzle in every direction but the flow is super strong farther away and almost nothing closer to the pump. If anyone could tell me what sizes/pieces to get that would be amazing. Not sure if it works with my tank or not, thanks in advance. I love a gentle flow but not sure I can achieve this with the current tank I have.
Sorry we didn't see your questions sooner - better late than never i suppose :)

Is this something you still need help with? if so, can you clarify if this is for your IM 20g peninsula or for a different tank?

OP
Salty and Spooky

Salty and Spooky

View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry we didn't see your questions sooner - better late than never i suppose :)

Is this something you still need help with? if so, can you clarify if this is for your IM 20g peninsula or for a different tank?
No I’m okay for now, flow seems to be the least of my worries as of recent! Thank you though.

Maxout

What types of R2R interview articles are you most excited about?

• Specific reef topics! (List the ones you'd like to see us cover in the thread.)

Votes: 65 38.7%
  • Specific reef personalities! (List the people you'd like us to interview in the thread.)

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Not that concerned about the topics...I just wanna see the awesome PICTURES!

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • All of the above!! ...and yes, I'll list some in the thread. :-)

Votes: 61 36.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums