RFG in peninsula questions

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few years back I got a RFG for my IM 20g peninsula. It works ok, but some flow hits certain corals too strong and then some corals get almost no flow. Im not great when it comes to putting together pieces so I need some help. Can I get a Y-adapter to spread out/dilute the flow in two directions? Or do I need loc-line for this. Not sure what pieces I need, I think currently I only have 1/2 in adapter and one RFG nozzle. I have tried turning the one nozzle in every direction but the flow is super strong farther away and almost nothing closer to the pump. If anyone could tell me what sizes/pieces to get that would be amazing. Not sure if it works with my tank or not, thanks in advance. I love a gentle flow but not sure I can achieve this with the current tank I have.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUMP

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few years back I got a RFG for my IM 20g peninsula. It works ok, but some flow hits certain corals too strong and then some corals get almost no flow. Im not great when it comes to putting together pieces so I need some help. Can I get a Y-adapter to spread out/dilute the flow in two directions? Or do I need loc-line for this. Not sure what pieces I need, I think currently I only have 1/2 in adapter and one RFG nozzle. I have tried turning the one nozzle in every direction but the flow is super strong farther away and almost nothing closer to the pump. If anyone could tell me what sizes/pieces to get that would be amazing. Not sure if it works with my tank or not, thanks in advance. I love a gentle flow but not sure I can achieve this with the current tank I have.
Sorry we didn't see your questions sooner - better late than never i suppose :)

Is this something you still need help with? if so, can you clarify if this is for your IM 20g peninsula or for a different tank?

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry we didn't see your questions sooner - better late than never i suppose :)

Is this something you still need help with? if so, can you clarify if this is for your IM 20g peninsula or for a different tank?
No I’m okay for now, flow seems to be the least of my worries as of recent! Thank you though.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back