Rhinopias frondosa - Weedy Scorpionfish

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
8,812
Reaction score
8,301
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to admit, my first Frondosa was an impulse buy. A huge 7" monster with the ability to suck up a tennis ball, impulse buy. I didn't know where he was going, I just knew he was going somewhere.

frondosa6-copy.png


Sometimes it can be a little hard figuring out what you are looking at. The green arrow is the eyeball and the blue line is the mouth.

moutheye.jpg



They are a pretty decent size and make a great tankmate for a volitans.

frondosa4-copy.png


frondosa5-copy.png


frondosa7-copy.png


I've owned several, albeit none as remarkable as the first.
 
Wow! Awesome coloration.
Any ideas where I can browse predator fish? Planning to build a nano.
 
May I ask what capacity was your DT that contained the Rhinopias and Volitans?
Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new