143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Example of finished product
You can always tell a good product by how dirty (cured) the grill/smoker is if you see a clean grill and someone selling you something off of it walkaway people walkaway!!

Those look excellent!!!

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marinating some steak and headed to the book store. Planning on a few events later today with the wife as it also happens to be my 15-year anniversary. (In the back of my mind, I'm thinking I combined my Labor Day meat budget with my anniversary dinner budget so I can afford to buy something else for the aquarium.)
Happy anniversary hopefully you guys enjoy your day and agree with above ya know what they say happy wife happy life lol.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woo hoo finally got my nitrate down. Defiantly going to have to have a couple a beverages while cooking.
@Kurt Copeland have a happy anniversary

BryanS4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the WSM above, same smoker that I have.

I'm usually a baby back rib guy. Dry rub only for me, usually some sort of simply marvelous rub. Throw them on, smoke for about 4 hours at 225, flip the. Over for the last 45 mins or so. I've tried wrapping in the past, just not a fan of the way steaming them makes them taste, plus the wife likes it better! Either way, great way to spend the day!

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving the WSM above, same smoker that I have.

I'm usually a baby back rib guy. Dry rub only for me, usually some sort of simply marvelous rub. Throw them on, smoke for about 4 hours at 225, flip the. Over for the last 45 mins or so. I've tried wrapping in the past, just not a fan of the way steaming them makes them taste, plus the wife likes it better! Either way, great way to spend the day!
No claim to fame without pictures LOL.

Couldn't agree more, what a great way to spend a day!

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great weekend... MACNA-2015 was a blast, got to meet a few of y'all and talk shop and now back home and smoking some of my sweet bourbon baby-backs ribs that I prepared yesterday for Labor day, couldn't have asked for a better end to this weekend!

Whats everyone else doing this Labor Day Holiday?

...post up some of you festivities!

Some pictures....
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1441633929.498996.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1441633948.370988.jpg
Watching you cook LOL:D

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait what? You're going through chemo? I hope you're okay :(
I'm all good I was told Dec 2004 I had less then 2 months n say goodbye to everyone lol. Told Dr he isn't God and I'll trust God been through losing a kidney and part of lung, radiation, immunotherapy,chemo pill for 6 years and now a phase 1 study chemo every 3 weeks that's been working since May of 2014. In 04 my youngest daughter was 8 and I swore I'd live to walk each of my girls down the aisle. So with em getting older the wife had another girl in 09 so I've got a while to go yet lol. I'm blessed with great family and church to be part of a fantastic hobby with great people here to share and learn from.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm all good I was told Dec 2004 I had less then 2 months n say goodbye to everyone lol. Told Dr he isn't God and I'll trust God been through losing a kidney and part of lung, radiation, immunotherapy,chemo pill for 6 years and now a phase 1 study chemo every 3 weeks that's been working since May of 2014. In 04 my youngest daughter was 8 and I swore I'd live to walk each of my girls down the aisle. So with em getting older the wife had another girl in 09 so I've got a while to go yet lol. I'm blessed with great family and church to be part of a fantastic hobby with great people here to share and learn from.
Great news Steve :)

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These pics of the ribs makes me think I should hit store real quick n get some ready for tonight maybe lol.
Funny you say that I thought I wasn't going to get any ribs yesterday wife made it over to our local BJ's club and the manager for the meat department had told her she had a huge shipment come in so she was well stocked with the Labor Day weekend don't know if you have a BJ's next to you but worth checking out if you do?

Last edited:

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good for you. Science doesn't know as much as they think they do or as much as they'd like humanity to believe. Doctors are wrong all the time, and I'm glad in your case one was wrong yet again. ;)

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news Steve :)
You'll appreciate this I'd lost a lot to divorce years ago before being told about the cancer and lost my Harley. After being told I had cancer 3 months later I had another Harley said to live life I need to enjoy it. Started a new reef and continue to ride and reef.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 38 23.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 40 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back