Richmond, Va or bermingham, Al?

currentking

Rookie
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
522
Reaction score
183
Location
Parkland, Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys, I'm getting a transfer with my company and can't decide which place to go. Any one that can give me some info on these places would be much appreciated
 
id also say richmond isn't going to get quite as hot in the summer, but in FL you're likely used to it. Ive never been to AL, so i can't really give you a comparison, but richmond is a pretty nice place to live
 
I'm from Montgomery. I lived in Atlanta for 7+ yr, and I've been in Charlottesville (1hr west of Richmond) for the past three years. My fiance's family lives in B'ham, so I visit once or twice a year.

I vote for B'ham. Birmingham is a larger, more metropolitan city. Its nicer as well. Richmond is fairly run down, and it wasn't too long ago that it was the murder capital of the US (I think).

Richmond has an awesome reef club, but I'm not familiar with any fish stuff in Alabama.

In general, VA s*cks! :lol:
 
hey currentking, its me from reefcentral (evox), so thats why youre heading up? transfer? do you know what part of richmond you're moving too? i actually lived in midlothian which is just on the border of richmond and its ok there, but if youre more used to the city life i deffinately wouldnt go to downtown richmond area. if youre in the surrounding cities of richmond, its not too bad. more suburban then city though. another thing, va cops are b****es
 
what kind of business are you in?

the older parts of richmond (east/north) are run down, but south and west sides are booming in growth. tons of stores to go to around richmond, reminds me of northern virginia and dc metro area.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new