OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been three weeks since my tank crash/RTN event.
FTS020308.jpg

ORARoscoeTenuis1-1.jpg

Tri-Color, coloring back up!
TriColor06.jpg

FrogspawnHammer1.jpg

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates!

Since my last post I got a steal on an Eightline Fairy Wrasse, the LFS had it mislabeled as a Carpenter's Wrasse but from the pics you'll see it looks nothing like it. I got it for $34.99! it sells for $129.99 on Live Aquaria and Vivid Aquariums.

Eightline Fairy Wrasse
8line1.jpg

8line2.jpg

New Fiji Deepwater Pipe Organ
PipeOrganMacro01.jpg

Red Sea Desjardini Sailfin
Desjardini001.jpg

Male McCosker's Flasher Wrasse
McCoskers001.jpg

Full Tank Shot from last weekend
FTS021708.jpg

I noticed my Orange Cap was dying off almost like something cut pieces off from it every morning. I decided to stay up one night and see if anything was eating it. Sure enough something was.
Coraleater4.jpg

Coraleater5.jpg

Coraleater3.jpg

I got my tweezers and stabbed the crab through the face, that ended that problem.

I ordered new Phoenix bulbs today that should be here next week. My corals are doing great and recovering fast from the RTN event.

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered two 250 watt Lumatek electronic ballasts today from Marine Depot. They honored the sale they had a month ago so my total was $149.98 for two! They will be here next Thursday.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow what a deal!

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news everyone, my Bluestar Leopard wrasse died today. I found it in the overflow yesterday and put it back into the tank. It was respirating very fast and this afternoon I found it dead. I got lazy and didn't put my net on top of the tank so it was able to jump in the overflow, I will make sure I always put the net back on every time I leave the room.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang bro sorry to hear man... :(

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Desjardini was keeping the fish up last night and I guess scared the McCosker's wrasse. Before I went to bed I saw all my chromis swimming like crazy and some were flashing due to the light reflection in the background. In the center of my netting screen there is an 1" wide hole because the netting wasn't long enough to cover the full 48" length. Well the wrasse found this opening and was toast once the halides turned on this morning. Two wrasses gone in two days, makes we wonder if I should bother with them anymore. I'm going to fix my net problem so this doesn't happen again. Also just to see if it was possible I tried putting the wrasse through one of the 1/2" net holes in the screen and it wouldn't fit so it had to jump through the middle opening of my screen.

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fixing the netting tomorrow along with installing my Lumenarc's! I did some SPS fragging today which was fun. I'm deciding whether I should keep my current stocking list or replace the fish I lost with new ones or a different type of fish. Any suggestions? The fish that were lost were the Male McCosker's Flasher Wrasse and the Female Bluestar Leopard Wrasse.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oooh we need pics! :)

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The height is just temporary to acclimate the corals to the new set up (16" off the water's surface). The T-5's came yesterday so hopefully I can start installing them tonight.

Hopefully these pictures were worth the wait. Also, I got a new RO/DI unit from Melev's Reef which works great. The TDS is 0ppm after the DI unit. Thanks Marc!

IMG_2079.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

Rosebulb01.jpg

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new TEK II T-5's are up!
I started ZEOvit today. I just started using the following additives on my 20 month old reef tank. I bought the ZEObak, ZEOfood7, Amino Acids Concentrate and Phol's K-Balance Potassium.
TEKII01.jpg

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow great thread, tank, pics and write up. Tagging along on this one to see results from Zeovit. By the way Im not a stick man.......whats RTN?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back