1   0   0
Beautiful pics!

gcrawford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank.... I also have a 120 that's going on 7 years old. I let everything overgrow and now I'm trimming everything back and removing a lot - including the sand which I think is what led to it's downfall. I wish there was something like a waterproof small battery powered jackhammer to remove corals from rocks. How do you go about removing corals when its time? I have a nice chisel set, but I don't want them to get rusty. Kudos to you on your success!

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank.... I also have a 120 that's going on 7 years old. I let everything overgrow and now I'm trimming everything back and removing a lot - including the sand which I think is what led to it's downfall. I wish there was something like a waterproof small battery powered jackhammer to remove corals from rocks. How do you go about removing corals when its time? I have a nice chisel set, but I don't want them to get rusty. Kudos to you on your success!

Thank you when corals begin to grow into one another or shadow one another is when I begin to prune. if they begin to encrust into one another and I see one of the corals really losing ground I will make a thick paste of kalkwasser and microwave it for 30 seconds until it boils. Then I use a 5 mL syringe and lay down the paste on the base I want to die back to allow the slower growing coral time to recover.

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find your tank limited by any trace element? Found my tank is happier 3 days after water change. Algae is growing and corals are growing.

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find your tank limited by any trace element? Found my tank is happier 3 days after water change. Algae is growing and corals are growing.

Surprisingly I am becoming less and less confident with ICP testing as it showed my levels were within the recommended range but after changing salt and two part brands I really saw the change I was looking for.

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprisingly I am becoming less and less confident with ICP testing as it showed my levels were within the recommended range but after changing salt and two part brands I really saw the change I was looking for.

I believe same thing is happening to me. Some thing changed just don’t know what.

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you keep ur nitrate and phosphate down nowadays? Just water changes?

OP
OP
Rickyrooz

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you keep ur nitrate and phosphate down nowadays? Just water changes?
I don’t lol my nitrates are high usually 25 ppm and my phosphates are naturally between 0.03 and 0.06 ppm. Weekly water changes have not made a dent in my nutrient levels, I mainly perform the water change to siphon out detritus.

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t lol my nitrates are high usually 25 ppm and my phosphates are naturally between 0.03 and 0.06 ppm. Weekly water changes have not made a dent in my nutrient levels, I mainly perform the water change to siphon out detritus.

Haha they call it matured

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
EPIC!!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back