Ricordea Care

• Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

View Badges
Hello,
My favorite coral is Florida ricordea. What is the best filters, lighting, and food for them? I want them to split and grow like crazy. I have heard not to run a skimmer with them, what is everyones thought on that? Thank you!!!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef nut,

I run my skimmer 24/7 and have had great luck with Ricordea Florida, I am sure that if you didn't run the skimmer that it wouldn't hurt them as long as the water parameters were in-line. As far as food I have tried to feed mine mysis and cyclop-eeze and had only had marginal response from the Florida rics.

As far as filters I don't think there is any one filter that is better for them then any other coral we keep, lighting I have MH 250w 14k Hamilton supplemented with 2x54w T-5 Super actinics and have great expansion and color from them. Personally I think that if you wanted intense color then MH or T-5 would be the way to go, but they can be kept under PC and NO fluorescents as well although the color might fade a bit.....Hope that helps.

Thanks Turbois....

Last edited:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have had them curl up around it and make the bell shape around the food. I have also had them show no signs of anything when food is placed on them. So for me it is reall hit and miss....

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back