Ricordea Florida or Yuma?

joe1990

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
5
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased this Ricordea which I thought was Ricordea Florida but now am having second guesses. What do you think?

IMG_9574.jpeg
 
That's a good question. I think I recently bought the same coral. It wasn't labelled in my LFS. I asked for some cheap, hardy soft coral recommedations. The lady showed me a buch of GSP and some leathers. Then she pointed out a piece of rubble with two corals on it. I though she said they were toadstool and GSP (the non-toadstool coral was pretty closed up and I saw just a few green polyps on it). Well, I bought it, and when I got it home, it opend up and looks much like yours. I am assuming it is some kind of rhodactics, but I am a complete newbie.
 

Attachments

  • WhatsApp Image 2024-11-26 at 18.13.51.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-11-26 at 18.13.51.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 117
That's a good question. I think I recently bought the same coral. It wasn't labelled in my LFS. I asked for some cheap, hardy soft coral recommedations. The lady showed me a buch of GSP and some leathers. Then she pointed out a piece of rubble with two corals on it. I though she said they were toadstool and GSP (the non-toadstool coral was pretty closed up and I saw just a few green polyps on it). Well, I bought it, and when I got it home, it opend up and looks much like yours. I am assuming it is some kind of rhodactics, but I am a complete newbie.
giant green frilly's common name... :)
 
That's a good question. I think I recently bought the same coral. It wasn't labelled in my LFS. I asked for some cheap, hardy soft coral recommedations. The lady showed me a buch of GSP and some leathers. Then she pointed out a piece of rubble with two corals on it. I though she said they were toadstool and GSP (the non-toadstool coral was pretty closed up and I saw just a few green polyps on it). Well, I bought it, and when I got it home, it opend up and looks much like yours. I am assuming it is some kind of rhodactics, but I am a complete newbie.
Not the same as OP.
It is not a Ricordia.
Green hairy Mushroom is the common name.
Gets a decent size, will grow into a nice colony in time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new