Ricordea looking rough

xtravism

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2021
Messages
93
Reaction score
40
Location
eustis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to look good for like the first week and all my other corals are doing fine.

269B32C7-F8EE-4825-8FA1-7C98807A4423.jpeg
 
Used to look good for like the first week and all my other corals are doing fine.

269B32C7-F8EE-4825-8FA1-7C98807A4423.jpeg
It looks like it's bleaching (to my untrained eye). They prefer low light and low flow... I put mine down in a nook that is sort of a shadowy area that doesn't get a lot of flow... Have you tried moving it to a different area?
 
It looks like it's bleaching (to my untrained eye). They prefer low light and low flow... I put mine down in a nook that is sort of a shadowy area that doesn't get a lot of flow... Have you tried moving it to a different area?
Ya I took that picture I think a day or two after I moved it. Might put it in the sand when I get home from work
 
Ya I took that picture I think a day or two after I moved it. Might put it in the sand when I get home from work
it's nighttime, so I'm not sure how well you can see the shadow, but it's being protected on all 3 sides from flow, there's almost 0 flow over it... Hopefully, it helps you with placement

20211203_211128_HDR(1) copy.jpg
 
Last edited:
Moved it again to the sand and where I think there’s like no flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new