Right-sizing QTs for tangs and others

Ready4Launch

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2018
Messages
101
Reaction score
61
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 120 is destined to be a mixed reef. I want to introduce a tang, and I am going to do the TTM for QTing. What would be the "right size"? 40gal? I equally will want to use these if I need to take stock out of the tank. I currently have a yellow-eyed tang and a magnificent foxface as my largest fish.
 
I currently have a 3.5” magnificent foxface in a 10 g for QT. Been in there 5 weeks, 1 week to go. I would probably do a 20 long though if I’d do it again. More swimming room.

I’d suggest looking at the new QT protocol by HotRocks. TTM is outdated in light of the current state of fish in the industry and the many diseases present.
 
20L is the QT chez moi that does most of the heavy lifting for all but the largest fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new