Rimless, all side overflow Aquarium

zcedric

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2017
Messages
189
Reaction score
147
Location
Cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day Reef Friends

I am not sure how this is called and I couldn't find a lot of information about it.
Did someone ever build an aquarium which is extra overfilled and all the water runs on the outside of the glass down and be collected on the buttom.
I guess the edges of the tank need to be perfect or you could not look into the tank because of water movement.
Do we have some treats open, who tried something like that? Is it easy to build? what is special on it? good or bad?

I am may make a trial next spring (100Gallon). I start drawing some CAD's soon. Stand.. equitment.. glass..

Thank you
 
This Company has some expensive things which for sure can be made cheaper if you do a DIY. But i like the ideas and pictures. Thank you a lot
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new