Rimless Biocube Filter Cover

Kooma

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2025
Messages
929
Reaction score
850
Location
Ontario
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets be honest, the rimless cube looks pretty great. Cables out the back? not so much... I know that InTank makes something similar, but if i think I can make it, ill give it a shot!

I tossed together some Blender learning with some 3d printing and am beta testing this, and so far have the wife approval factor at a all time high! It had to be printed in two parts and some super glue holds the tabs together. Its done a nice job of hiding everything from view including my skimmer, and has cut the tank noise down by a few db.


image6.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image3.jpeg
thumbnail_image0 (1).jpg
image1.jpeg
 
Very nicely done. Would you be willing to share the file?
 
I may hire your services regarding rimless dimensions... I have one too and have been having a heck of a time finding any items that work properly with the rim removed. I.E. good fitting lids etc.
I think it would be cool to make mesh lid corners/fronts for these since they're curved, 3d printing could be a solution....
 
I may hire your services regarding rimless dimensions... I have one too and have been having a heck of a time finding any items that work properly with the rim removed. I.E. good fitting lids etc.
I think it would be cool to make mesh lid corners/fronts for these since they're curved, 3d printing could be a solution....
For sure an option. It would be best to scan the glass and pull that into blender to build off, calculating that curve would be an interesting way I wouldn’t want to try figuring out haha. I don’t have a scanner unfortunately, but if I get one I’ll add it to my build ideas.

If anyone wants one of these lids printed I can print and ship, you can glue. I can also shorten its height or increase it if you have taller gear. Can add in knockouts for light arms as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new