OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realize is you Sunny welcome back hove many pounds of rock you use vhere is your powerheads I learn so much from your second build thank you .

Hello,

I have been using a modded Maxijet. My new wetside for the MP40 will be here in a few days, and will be replacing the Maxijet. Should the need arise , I have multiple Tunzes that can be added.

I'm excited for this build to mature, but I know that it will take awhile due to starting it with "sterile" sand and rocks. As much as possible I'd like to avoid allowing any nuisances into the reef. I'll go so far as to only add corals after I've cut them off of the plugs. I know that in Michigan there is a particularly nasty strain of green slime that has been going around for. a while now, and I'd like to do my best to avoid it. Concerning live rock, there likely is about 20 pounds of it. But, you can judge it by its weight as the pieces are large but porus and light.

The tank is currently cycling with Dr Time One and Only, along with the Ammonia solution to feed the bacteria.

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to see your health return Sonny. I followed all your old tanks until I took a break from the hobby myself. I knew you had young ones and had figured that's why you left. Glad to see you back and looking forward to following this tank as well!

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following also. Looking forward to learning from your build. Your previous tanks are amazing.

OP
OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone.

I recently picked up a Pygmy (Cherub) Angelfish (Centropyge argi).

I've kept mainly tangs and Anthias over the years, and its been at least 20 years since I've had a Dwarf Angel. I know that Dwarf Angels can be hit or miss when it comes to coral nipping. Hopefully I picked up a model citizen. I guess we'll find out once I start adding SPS and clams. I had read that the Cherub was the least likely of all Dwarf Angels to nip at corals so I picked one up.

I don't plan on keep many fish in my new system, perhaps the Cherub will be the only one, so there is no concern over territorial issues and fighting. I will say though that this particular fish was housed with many other fish for a while in the LFS's tank and displayed no aggression. I have had all sorts of fish over the years and wanted something different. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake by adding this fish. My tank currently has no corals in it so it wouldn't be an issue removing this fish before it becomes an issue. I guess we will find out soon.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOOT! Following!! :D :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man I am so pumped to have you back with a new set up. Your reefs are always superb and I admire your excellence in all you do.

TaylorPilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be interested to see your sump, as well as your dosing schedule. I remember you always had really simple systems, but were big into carbon and bacterial dosing with your earlier systems.

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Awesome start. Can't wait to see this filled in with corals.

Ellery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! I'm finally revamping my 90 gallon to a 120 deep with Ghost Overflow. So how long between tank restarts on your systems? I've waited 10 years but the tank is over 16 years old since I had to move and I think it's time just to be safe on the silicone life.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back