• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Rimless Shallow Starfire Tank and Stand

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading for one extra foot of length - my anemones have taken up too much real estate so the tank I got less than two yrs ago is up for sale. $1300. It's basically half of what I paid for it. Local pickup only, Indy area.

Tank Dimensions: 48x30x16
Stand Dimensions: 49x31x38

Overall height is 55"

Tank is made by Glass Cages, is low iron on front and sides. Beveled edges and black silicone. Zero scratches or defects of any kind as it is today.

Tank is drilled through the back for schedule 80. Two 1" drains and one 1.5" drains. Here is the tank empty:
empty build 2.JPG
empty build.JPG

Here are some shots of the stand. Doors are on stainless bearing overtravel slides. They are also removeable with a clip in the slide.

Front.

stand front.JPG

Doors open
IMG_1282.JPG

End view
stand front open.JPG

End view door open
stand side open.JPG

Corner view
stand corner.JPG
Seams.jpg

OP
OP
skyrne_isk

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent you a PM. I don't have any full price offers - and it's probably not smart for me to trade for any corals given the pending tank transfer I am looking at.

Plumbing on the back is double union ball valves for the two of the three drains. The emergency 1.5" is just an open channel. I will post a pic in a minute. Am not including the sump, it's just a 40B with baffles siliconed - nothing special.

For those who have asked, I would be interested in a partial trade for a 48" T5/LED combo light (I have my LEDs already) or an all T5 fixture (ATI sunpower or similar). Have also been consider adding Gyre pumps to this setup so that's an option as well for those who have PMd me.

I do have my receipts/paperwork on this tank and the MFG date is actually on one of the pics. You can also reference the Glasscage website for retail numbers on the tank. The stand was built locally for me - can send along additional pics if any extra details are needed. Local folks are welcome to come by.

Happy to work something out :) Tank is being emptied late next week - the new sump is finally here from Malaysia :rolleyes:.

OP
OP
skyrne_isk

skyrne_isk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the plumbing, below the PVC fittings it is all flex pvc - but with the unions can easily be changed over to hard plumbing if that's your thing. Sorry it’s a bit dirty/blurry.

5EC5892D-3CEE-492D-96A7-CFE32987220F.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 53 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back