Rio anyone?

So it's official - NBCs coverage sucks!! All they do is report on what they are going to report on. And why am I looking at Ryan Seacrest????
 
So it's official - NBCs coverage sucks!! All they do is report on what they are going to report on. And why am I looking at Ryan Seacrest????
Ha, the news making the news. We have Xfinity (part of NBC) and I able to see more of the not for prime time events on channels beside brovo and Usa.
 
I'm catching what I can, but I'm careful where I go to look for coverage. We are a bunch of mean mean human beings and the way we are shaming some of these athletes is awful.
 
How so? No doubt every olympic athlete is awesome at thier sport. By making them celebrity's, making some if them rich, how r we shaming them? Yes, i know you said " some" , so which ones?
 
How so? No doubt every olympic athlete is awesome at thier sport. By making them celebrity's, making some if them rich, how r we shaming them? Yes, i know you said " some" , so which ones?

Robel Kiros Habte


http://www.today.com/health/body-sh...robel-kiros-habte-ethiopia-gets-waves-t101821

Alexa Moreno

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/twitter-defends-gymnast-alexa-moreno-body-shamed-article-1.2746225

Gabby Douglas

http://madamenoire.com/712128/gabby-douglas-mom-speaks-critics/
 
ahhh.... now I get what you were referring to and where your coming from. Yes- some people can not help but be jerks!! I had not seen any of that stuff- of coarse I don't watch/read/or pay attention to any of those "news/entertainment" outlets. I guess those are just examples of people doing anything to get a headline. Tragic really. There are soo many really super stories of individual accomplishments of people getting to represent their country in the Olympics. Doesnt matter if they are last in the race or whatever- they got to do it - how many people get to say that. "I competed at the xxxx olympics". Instead these jerks focus on other stuff - Why?

However, I guess I disagree with your "WE are a...." as I do NOT adhere to that behavior/thought process and doubt you do either- so why the "we"? I am just always of the opinion that each of us have our own individual choices to act or not act a certain way, or say or not say something- I just dislike the whole idea of "we, all of us, humans are" as it makes it out that we are all the same. And therefore, not responsible for our individual decision and actions.

Of coarse - on a lighter side , you could have just meant - look at those idiots in the media that care nothing for anybody other than making a name for themselves and hiding their own inadequacies behind the " I am a journalist". Therefore, I can say/print/blog,etc. anything I want. LOL
 
Well, in the context of being "human beings", I hope you're a "we". spacecraft-1.gif

CNN is also covering this stuff. That's where I got it from originally.
 
He , he - well- you may get different opinions... depends on who you ask...

I must not have been watching that channel much- I have a tendency to be "flipper" - as my wife calls me. As soon as the action stops I flip to a different channel that is covering the Olympics as well. Glad I missed those - and probably others as well.
 
He , he - well- you may get different opinions... depends on who you ask...

I must not have been watching that channel much- I have a tendency to be "flipper" - as my wife calls me. As soon as the action stops I flip to a different channel that is covering the Olympics as well. Glad I missed those - and probably others as well.
My hubby is a flipper too ... lol ... I swear his idea of watching TV is to watch little clips on 20 different channels and then hand the channel changer to me when I start complaining ....
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new