RIPTIDE AQUACULTURE | Memorial Day Flash Sale| AFTER SALE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Can i have a taste of some indophyllia :D
Ben Stiller Smiling GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
Hahah you know I wish I knew when we are dropping that but I have no clue! I know it’s gonna hit the site but when no clue.

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I heard softening makes your membrane more efficient and your DI last longer is the only advantage because it strips out the alk and Ca (hardness).
My town is on well water so its really hard. Was great for Cichlid keeping because It was ready to go out the tap for them.
1685315300181.png

I'm dosing 4-8oz of phyto and a cupful of pods daily though so those readings may be off/indesciminate.
feeding like that you must have a solid skimmer.
How old is your tank?

VAReefer1991

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also everyone this sale is gonna be very much a Reef 2Reef sale where the the items will be live around 30min before the hit the site. We are trying Somthing new and I need my friends to let us know how they like it
So theyy be on reef2reef 30 min before they hit your website?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so its an interesting theory.i really don't talk much about this but it this was a very similer conversation i had with Jake adams at lunch at RAP NY. he believed that in that fact as well and in fact some of reef builders tanks are supplied with water that is filtered with sediments and carbon blocks/sediment . this was a pretty long conversation we had but ill give the key notes of it.

you need to have a lot 3-6 carbon blocks in a row and mulit sediments
the flow rate needs to be pretty low as you want to give the filters enough time to collect all the organics it can collect.
Starting the tank at a low lighting settings
if you turn up the lights and expect to grow algae untell your reef or live rock has matured enough to process the extra nutrients. for the most part it also really matters where you live because every state county city processes water differently.
That might work, but sounds like a long time to get there. Those are the kind of questions that make me sit in the corner nodding unknowingly.
I've upgraded the whole house. DIY style - anyone can rent those pipe crimpers!
Why's that sound so threatening?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
feeding like that you must have a solid skimmer.
How old is your tank?
Got into the hobby the autumn before last when I sold my cichlid setup; got all used stuff to start and DIY's all I could. Did a dry start on all the rock; runnig bare bottom but have a ton of rocks and sand in the sump.
I run a skimmer but don't remove anything; it takes over a week to fill the cup. Skimmer is an old CADLights PLS-150 that just fits in the sump next to my DIY filter floss roller. Fuge is on 19 hours a day. total system volume is almost 200 gallons with the frag and nem tanks that are all plumbed in.
I think I go through a 5" x 100yd roll of the filter floss in a Qtr so don't think I'm overly filtering.
Will get more readings tonight or tomorrow night.

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
That might work, but sounds like a long time to get there. Those are the kind of questions that make me sit in the corner nodding unknowingly.

Why's that sound so threatening?
Exactly. It takes a lot of time and when you start the hobby I’m sure everyone know you arnt patient

VAReefer1991

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Got into the hobby the autumn before last when I sold my cichlid setup; got all used stuff to start and DIY's all I could. Did a dry start on all the rock; runnig bare bottom but have a ton of rocks and sand in the sump.
I run a skimmer but don't remove anything; it takes over a week to fill the cup. Skimmer is an old CADLights PLS-150 that just fits in the sump next to my DIY filter floss roller. Fuge is on 19 hours a day. total system volume is almost 200 gallons with the frag and nem tanks that are all plumbed in.
I think I go through a 5" x 100yd roll of the filter floss in a Qtr so don't think I'm overly filtering.
Will get more readings tonight or tomorrow night.
I’m over due for testing! All these sales have us chasing our tails and shipping like crazy! This makes me realize I gotta get a round of testing done tommrow at some point

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back