OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, after reading the entire thread over the last few days...it actually fills me with despair to see that tank empty. You said you'll still have a frag tank, does that mean you plan on eventually buying another tank? Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks. Don't feel dispair for me. I had a heck of a ride with this tank and I wouldn't have done it any other way. This is one of the most enjoyable hobbies I've been in and I think one way or another I'm in for life.

The tank is still sitting here and I don't think it's all hit me yet. It was part of my daily routine and still is until all the livestock is rehomed.

I'll also add that I'm proud that I wasn't forced out of the hobby by some pest or tank crash. I'm leaving out on my own and I've overcome every obstacle that I ran into over the years, many could have been the end but I always found a way.

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that's why I'm so suprised. You met every problem head on and kicked some butt! Even though I don't really know you, it just seems like we're losing somthing with you bowing out. Again, best of luck with whatever you end up doing. I'm sure the break will be pretty nice in its own right.

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most importantly I'll add that I couldn't have made it through without Reef2Reef and all the people that have helped me along the way. I had a great group of locals that had a hand in it too. @JDavis probably kept going more than anyone and I just had a conversation yesterday about how we were trading Kenya trees and green hairy mushrooms for green Sinularia and frogspawn back in the day. Lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Most importantly I'll add that I couldn't have made it through without Reef2Reef and all the people that have helped me along the way. I had a great group of locals that had a hand in it too. @JDavis probably kept going more than anyone and I just had a conversation yesterday about how we were trading Kenya trees and green hairy mushrooms for green Sinularia and frogspawn back in the day. Lol

You still have the other tank running right?

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now! Once I get the 75 down I'll see what happens. I'm having a hard time putting that blue Squamosa up for sale. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back