Ritteri Anemone

CandFB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Ritteri anemone and have had him for about 2 months. My female hosts him. He’s been moving a lot more recently. My lighting schedule has been pretty consistent, and yesterday and today I found him balled up in the back of the tank. Moved him to a cup shaped hole. He appears healthy and as soon as I put him back on the rock he attaches and starts to walk. I can't seem to get rubble to stay around his foot. Any ideas how I can make him more comfortable or help?

He's sunk in because I just picked him up.

image.jpg

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just leave it alone and let it wander to find a better place. They don’t like to be in crevices or holes like BTA, Condy or Sebae. They want flat surfaces to spread their foot out.

They also demand lots of strong random flow and strong lighting once acclimated to your current fixture.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have better photos? I see the hammer coral but it's hard to tell if that's a magnifica. If it's what appears to be behind the hammer, you may want to consider treating it.

Like chizerbunoi said, magnifica like flat rocks. They like to spread out their foot as much as possible (I like to say it looks like a fried egg).

OP
OP
C

CandFB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have better photos? I see the hammer coral but it's hard to tell if that's a magnifica. If it's what appears to be behind the hammer, you may want to consider treating it.

Like chizerbunoi said, magnifica like flat rocks. They like to spread out their foot as much as possible (I like to say it looks like a fried egg).
What do you mean treating it?

OP
OP
C

CandFB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just leave it alone and let it wander to find a better place. They don’t like to be in crevices or holes like BTA, Condy or Sebae. They want flat surfaces to spread their foot out.

They also demand lots of strong random flow and strong lighting once acclimated to your current fixture.
Ah, thanks for the information. I’ll do that.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treating meaning you move it to quarantine tank and provide it with antibiotics. It has a bacterial infection which causes it to inflate/deflate and often won’t survive/ make it pass the 10 day mark.

Are the tentacles long and extended or still the same as your original picture? You said you were just handling it so it looks like that. If still like that then it is not doing well.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see the foot on mine in the second picture. It has moved 2x in 4 months. For the first 2 or 3 weeks it didnt really move. Its now fav spot is on top of an old monti near the highest point in my tank. Close as it can get to the light. It stretches its foot between 2 outcrops at times. Other times it balances out on just one point. My sea swirl turns to blow nears its foot every min or 2 from about 2 feet away. It does not like to get blasted. The swirl is an 1 1/2 and has pretty good flow. It moved right in front of the stream once, later that day decided that was too much and moved back. Too much flow and its tentacles will be thin and short.
I think you really have no control of where its going to go.
Nem_foot_1.jpg

Nem_foot_2.jpg

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Yep this is pretty much it...

I agree with this 100 percent.

OP
OP
C

CandFB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treating meaning you move it to quarantine tank and provide it with antibiotics. It has a bacterial infection which causes it to inflate/deflate and often won’t survive/ make it pass the 10 day mark.

Are the tentacles long and extended or still the same as your original picture? You said you were just handling it so it looks like that. If still like that then it is not doing well.
It was still shrivelled and has stayed that way. IDK what went wrong.

Back