Ritteri possibly splitting

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 18" nem has been acting weird. Instead of a big circle blob on top of the highest rock it has been draped over the rock stretched out for about a week. Takes food but is not stretched toward the light hanging right over it. Tonight I see it is has 2 large blobs connected by a 2" wide strip about 6" long. To dark to get a picture or look for mouths. Maybe tomorrow.

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely get a pic sounds just like he’s splitting nothing to worry about if he needs more light he will find it.!!

OP
OP
lapin

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Got back from camping this week and noticed a big white shape on a rock in the back of my tank. Its about the size of a desert plate. After looking from the side it looks like a Ritteri. It is very white with some green on the tips. My current one is blue with green tentacles.
If it was hidden under the other one, until it was strong enough to move, might explain why its so white. Its across from an MP60 so pretty impossible to feed it. Its located in a spot thats not only hard to reach but no way to even get a picture.
Kinda hope it does not move but who knows.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Got back from camping this week and noticed a big white shape on a rock in the back of my tank. Its about the size of a desert plate. After looking from the side it looks like a Ritteri. It is very white with some green on the tips. My current one is blue with green tentacles.
If it was hidden under the other one, until it was strong enough to move, might explain why its so white. Its across from an MP60 so pretty impossible to feed it. Its located in a spot thats not only hard to reach but no way to even get a picture.
Kinda hope it does not move but who knows.
As long as it is in the light, you should be fine. I have had a few do exactly what yours did and recover just fine. Takes a while to get color back, but as long as everything stays stable, it should be fine. Really no need to feed, unless you want to. As long as there is a little color there, color comes back without issue.

Also, congrats on the new mag.

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than in the Long Island aquarium, I haven’t heard of another Mag. Splitting. Is this a first?

OP
OP
lapin

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will assume it split. Without me seeing the actual event im guessing a split. I would think its to large a baby to have it happen any other way.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back