RKE Help

VB68

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my tank full now, salt in (1.025- Reef Crystals Salt), temp-78. Connected the ph probe and went to the SL1 screen, then ph probe screen. There wasn't the option to calibrate the probe. Does this mean I have the wrong probe? The probe is already calibrated? It came with ph 4.00 and ph 7.00 calibration fluids.

Cyber-Burn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go into Input/SL1 then click on PH. You should be able to change the value to the solution that you are calibrating for. Once the raw data field stops moving you can press next and then change to the next value for the calibration fluid. I just looked at my RKE and I believe that is correct. If not let me know and I will go recalibrate my PH probes.

OP
OP
VB68

VB68

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go into Input/SL1 then click on PH. You should be able to change the value to the solution that you are calibrating for. Once the raw data field stops moving you can press next and then change to the next value for the calibration fluid. I just looked at my RKE and I believe that is correct. If not let me know and I will go recalibrate my PH probes.
I must be doing something wrong-- I went to input-sl1-ph, changed the value to the first calibration pack(which was ph 4.00), after about 30 mins the raw data stopped, went to next, changed the value to the second pack(which was ph 7.00), after another 30 mins it stopped, pressed saved. Now the ph probe reading on the head unit reads ph 10.00. Anyone know what I did wrong here?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30 minutes? I wait about 15 max. If the number stops for 1 minute, you are good. Sounds like a computer error, try their support forum.

Cyber-Burn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to not remove the probe from the solution until after you have pressed next, and then I always rinse with RO/DI in between each solution.

Cyber-Burn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sigh, I need to stop posting on my phone. If you did the above I would think it would be a bad PH probe. Is the RKE on the latest firmware, along with the SL1 and all the modules?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back