RMF Candyland

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this piece about a month ago after the first one not shipping well. The second one is alive but also came in pretty bleached for some reason. Everything else from this purchase looks great. I can’t seem to find what this piece wants. Anyone with experience have nutrient levels, lighting and flow for it?

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral has been super hearty for me - survived many tank episodes.
Just put it in a good spot and give it some time. It should come around for you.
I think mines in about 350 par, medium-ish flow, no idea about nutrients - stopped testing those years ago. Alk is rock steady @ 7.0.

Maybe I'll go grab you a pic if you want.

HTH

TMB

OP
OP
BAUCE

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral has been super hearty for me - survived many tank episodes.
Just put it in a good spot and give it some time. It should come around for you.
I think mines in about 350 par, medium-ish flow, no idea about nutrients - stopped testing those years ago. Alk is rock steady @ 7.0.

Maybe I'll go grab you a pic if you want.

HTH

TMB

Guess I’ll just leave it for now and be patient. Maybe it’s normal for this piece to take a while to settle in. Would love a photo

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I’ll just leave it for now and be patient. Maybe it’s normal for this piece to take a while to settle in. Would love a photo
Not the best photo ever, and I have a few aptasia I need to deal with:oops:. But here you go...
DSC_0105.jpg

maharsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be nutrients. Mine was pale for the longest time til I started dosing nitrates. Took mine forever to settle in at about 350par

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
450 and high flow for mine too. I didn't get the crazy colors until I let my phosphates rise to .03-.05 and nitrates to 20-25

OP
OP
BAUCE

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
450 and high flow for mine too. I didn't get the crazy colors until I let my phosphates rise to .03-.05 and nitrates to 20-25
I had a feeling initially that it was low nitrates. I've gotten mine up between 5-10 but it doesnt seem to be enough. Not sure Im willing to go up too much higher at the moment.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mines a bit pale too, thought of lowering it but looks like it’s one that just likes the nutrients high

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back