rnegret cornbred chalices opinion

CSlay79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I have to say is I spent about 2g's on coral from this guy and not dissapointed, awesome chalices , sickest acans around that u never see in stock anywhere, I got every kind of acan he's sold recently and they all are beautiful, colors galore!! And throws in freebies alot. He just gave me his unreleased hellspawn wm on last shipment. He just listed one today starting @50, it's a nice light blue piece with bright bright eyes. Also got, free blackhole son acan mini colony, free FL Keys wm, free donovons purple wm. I had one piece that didn't make it in shipping but everything else with it did, he replaced it and cut shipping cost in half on next order. I never feel more confident in buying from anyone as Rich. Great communication, always well packed and shipped promptly. I would def recommend buying from him, and I always will.

Anyone coming to delval reef swap on sat I will have a one eye cornbred 3g mummy eye from him for sale

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear you've had a good experience with him. He's always done right by me as well. I have not ordered anything from him in a while though. btw, the Hellspawn has been out for a while now. I picked up this piece over 6 months ago but got mine from another vendor - believe it originated from Jason Fox (may be wrong though). Still a really cool piece though. Eyes glow...

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I have to say is I spent about 2g's on coral from this guy and not dissapointed, awesome chalices , sickest acans around that u never see in stock anywhere, I got every kind of acan he's sold recently and they all are beautiful, colors galore!! And throws in freebies alot. He just gave me his unreleased hellspawn wm on last shipment. He just listed one today starting @50, it's a nice light blue piece with bright bright eyes. Also got, free blackhole son acan mini colony, free FL Keys wm, free donovons purple wm. I had one piece that didn't make it in shipping but everything else with it did, he replaced it and cut shipping cost in half on next order. I never feel more confident in buying from anyone as Rich. Great communication, always well packed and shipped promptly. I would def recommend buying from him, and I always will.

Anyone coming to delval reef swap on sat I will have a one eye cornbred 3g mummy eye from him for sale

I have the his fl keys wm, he said 1-2 eyes it was 4 eyes!!!!!!!!!!! and 1 of mine didnt make it through shipping either... .. but overall a good seller, ive bought others from him

CSlay79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear you've had a good experience with him. He's always done right by me as well. I have not ordered anything from him in a while though. btw, the Hellspawn has been out for a while now. I picked up this piece over 6 months ago but got mine from another vendor - believe it originated from Jason Fox (may be wrong though). Still a really cool piece though. Eyes glow...

I got the hellspawn too, the one I am talking about that I just got for free is a hellspawn watermelon that was unrealeased, From what he told me. I'll get pics of the 2 side by side on here soon, but the eyes are much brighter on the HS WM then the regular HS. Either way both awesome pieces. Glad u had good experience with him as well.

CSlay79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here the pics of the two side by side the Hellspawn WM on the left bright eyes and a green rim starting but can't see it in this pic
ce1c7a11.jpg

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense man, but you can't see much of anything is this pic...lol. I'm sure it's a nice piece though.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense man, but you can't see much of anything is this pic...lol. I'm sure it's a nice piece though.
I gotta agree with Craig, there's too much blue and the pic is a bit on the small side, try to get a nice top down shot of both, I'm very curious to see a comparison

CSlay79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know, it's what I could get at time I will try to get a better shot, that was under actinics. Ill do one with full lighting on, top down, also I'm only working with a IPhone for pics right now, wish I had a nice camera for good macro shots... I'll see what I can do, prob monday eve I'll post

Chris

BayCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the emerald, original, mengs, oregon, and the 3g mummy eye. I have to say, the 3g is a must have.

HighlandReef

Chalice Monger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see all of these positive replies on Richard. I am sure he is a nice guy but he sold me a Superman chalice that wasn't a superman chalice. I questioned him about it and he said it would color up as a colony and not a frag. It is the brownest chalice in my tank. And all of my chalices are colorful and bright.

Understand that all his pics are under led's. The hills have eyes pic is led, superman chalice was under led. I know because I bought some powerbrite led's and as soon as I hooked them up and my MH went off for the day, the corals Richard sold me then looked just like the pictures.

I will never buy from him again. Which is unfortunate because I really want the cornbread pieces. But out of principal, never will.

I just also found out he is selling our local clubs fnf blackholesun acans, well issue is I was the one that ran the group buy for our local club that purchased the entire colony from fnf and we have released very few frags and track them. We have don't have any in Florida
So while I am sure he might be a nice guy he needs to stop lying about the corals he is selling.
He does not have the fnf blackholesun acan

foxhuntr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased a few chalices off of Rich......Rich is a good guy to deal with and i dont think you will be disapointed with his chalices.....they are alittle on the small side but nice

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say i know a friend of his and i have been told that his stuff is really amazing....granted his pics might be exaggerated but his corals are legit!

florida reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently placed an order of 6 chalices. When I received the package I found 8 chalices including two freebies(hellspawn and treasure chest)! They all looked great an acclimated well. I will definitely order from him again as I have my eye on the cotton candy. His pricing was great as well as his communication.

BTW, does anyone have a colony picture of the Cotton Candy Chalice?

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently placed an order of 6 chalices. When I received the package I found 8 chalices including two freebies(hellspawn and treasure chest)! They all looked great an acclimated well. I will definitely order from him again as I have my eye on the cotton candy. His pricing was great as well as his communication.

BTW, does anyone have a colony picture of the Cotton Candy Chalice?

Have always had good experiences with Rich. Here is my cotton candy colony, really nice, fast growing chalice.

IMG_8914.jpg

Wdsurfr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased from him several times. Always comes in healthy and colorful. I have the cotton candy and it has been a moderately fast grower. The eyes are very pink. I also have the sobe and the cherry bomb. Both look great. I would recommend his stuff anytime.

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. i keep hearing the cornbread, 3g and oregon are different but i havent seen any pics to prove that. links provided on a prior page didnt work either. can anybody post a side by side shot of all three or two in the same photo to prove they are different or a link? I think a pic would be great so vendors wont make mistakes and collectors know what to look for

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 135 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back