rnegret cornbred chalices opinion

xcorallusx

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know how expensive it is to hire a professional photographer?
No and It doesnt matter in this case. He is using someone else's photo to sell high end corals without the original photographer's permission. There is a thread on sexy corals forum where some ebay seller is using their photos to sell a coral. So you're saying its ok for people to steal and profit with others photos because they are too cheap to get a nice camera or to pay for a professional photographer? If He sells "cornbred" stock that is usually several hundreds $$$, he can afford to get a nice camera, pay for a professional photographer, or stop using photos that are not his. I would be angry if someone or a website was using my photo to sell corals, without my permission, its illegal.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/sexy-corals/106912-sexy-corals-buyers-beware-look-here.html

this was also posted by a mod on here returnofsid
Any photo taken, no matter where it's found on the web, is the property of the photographer, unless the photographer has already released their rights. You cannot know, by viewing a photo, if the rights have been released. SO, if you see a photo on the web, and you DID NOT take that photo, you DO NOT have permission to use that photo, in any way, without getting PRIOR permission from the photographer.

ALL photos are the intellectual property of the photographer, the second the shutter is pressed. Posting that photo on the web does not change the "ownership" of that intellectual property in any way. Photos do NOT have to be watermarked, registered or have a copyright symbol or notice. Registering a photo does give the photographer MORE legal remedies, if the property is stolen.

So many people thinks is okay to Copy/Paste or Save As, any photo they see on the web. In reality, this is theft. Even the most "innocent" action of seeing an amazing photo on the web, thinking "that'd sure be pretty as my desktop," using Save As, and turning it into your desktop photo, IS theft of intellectual property. If that photo has been registered, the theft can result in even more "punishment" but a lack of being registered does not stop the photographer from coming after you nor does it mean a law has not been broken.

RalphsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1. With his prices for the little boogers you get, he can afford to buy a better camera or hire someone to take photos.

No and It doesnt matter in this case. He is using someone else's photo to sell high end corals without the original photographer's permission. There is a thread on sexy corals forum where some ebay seller is using their photos to sell a coral. So you're saying its ok for people to steal and profit with others photos because they are too cheap to get a nice camera or to pay for a professional photographer? If He sells "cornbred" stock that is usually several hundreds $$$, he can afford to get a nice camera, pay for a professional photographer, or stop using photos that are not his. I would be angry if someone or a website was using my photo to sell corals, without my permission, its illegal.

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/sexy-corals/106912-sexy-corals-buyers-beware-look-here.html

Any photo taken, no matter where it's found on the web, is the property of the photographer, unless the photographer has already released their rights. You cannot know, by viewing a photo, if the rights have been released. SO, if you see a photo on the web, and you DID NOT take that photo, you DO NOT have permission to use that photo, in any way, without getting PRIOR permission from the photographer.

ALL photos are the intellectual property of the photographer, the second the shutter is pressed. Posting that photo on the web does not change the "ownership" of that intellectual property in any way. Photos do NOT have to be watermarked, registered or have a copyright symbol or notice. Registering a photo does give the photographer MORE legal remedies, if the property is stolen.

So many people thinks is okay to Copy/Paste or Save As, any photo they see on the web. In reality, this is theft. Even the most "innocent" action of seeing an amazing photo on the web, thinking "that'd sure be pretty as my desktop," using Save As, and turning it into your desktop photo, IS theft of intellectual property. If that photo has been registered, the theft can result in even more "punishment" but a lack of being registered does not stop the photographer from coming after you nor does it mean a law has not been broken.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1. With his prices for the little boogers you get, he can afford to buy a better camera or hire someone to take photos.

Pretty harsh words from both of you guys. I have purchased with him a couple of times. He has never let me down and one of the coolest guys to deal with in the business. In the coral world if you want a named piece you gotta pay for it. The pictures he has on e-bay depict the size of the frag perfectly I think. The "boogers" as you call them are exactly that and they do sell. If you want a crazy looking chalice like the rainbow crush then you have to pay for it. Do you think a 1 eyed frag of a chalice is going to be 1"x1". The pictures are exact to what i recieved. Who said he doesn't have his own camera or doesn't have a professional photographer or is a professional photographer for that matter? The exact frags that are shown on e-bay are the exact frag that you recieve, how do you fake that?

Last edited:

xcorallusx

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty harsh words from both of you guys. I have purchased with him a couple of times. He has never let me down and one of the coolest guys to deal with in the business. In the coral world if you want a named piece you gotta pay for it. The pictures he has on e-bay depict the size of the frag perfectly I think. The "boogers" as you call them are exactly that and they do sell. If you want a crazy looking chalice like the rainbow crush then you have to pay for it. Do you think a 1 eyed frag of a chalice is going to be 1"x1". The pictures are exact to what i recieved. Who said he doesn't have his own camera or doesn't have a professional photographer or is a professional photographer for that matter? The exact frags that are shown on e-bay are the exact frag that you recieve, how do you fake that?

I did not criticize his frags or the quality, I did criticize the fact that he used another member on here darrylv's photo of "red robin acro" without permission.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol. Sorry i didnt know you will write a book of a reply but i was kidding. His pics are awesome but apparently you've never seen his ebay page. Down in miami a lot of people use my pictures from kids selling in cl to stores and no one asks me for permission and it doesnt bother me at all but Im a weirdo and feel good they use my stuff. Again sorry for upsetting you my picture police friend.

Darren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just have the person who claims the photo is his / hers contact him? Like most of said he is a great guy and supports the hobby so just contact him. I am sure he did not list it as WYSIWYG and maybe just did not have a good pic of that coral. I know it does not make it right but like I said contact him.

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just have the person who claims the photo is his / hers contact him? Like most of said he is a great guy and supports the hobby so just contact him. I am sure he did not list it as WYSIWYG and maybe just did not have a good pic of that coral. I know it does not make it right but like I said contact him.

Josh already said they are his pics ... If he doesn't post as wysiwyg.... What's the problem? He gave permission.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some people just take stuff way too seriously. He buys from the same people we do sometimes and if that person had an awesome pic he used it untill he took his own pic. As you can see there's some haters here who don't know him or know anything about what's going on and run their keyboard just because they can. He used one of my pic from a coral i bought from him and i called him on it to mess with him and he apologized and we became friends now i let him use all my pics without a problem because he's a good guy.

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was my picture and my acro wasnt even lineaged as a "red robin stag". Im in canada......if anything I would say my acro in question which I believe is a.convexa is more like PC rainbow acro but no lineage there either.
pro

So two issues that bothered me somewhat is that he used it with out permission to sell something and that they are not proven to be even the same. Also it's probably not the first time he has used this method.

But like I said before ...it bothered me but not to the point that I cared to do anything about it.

I do find it funny that there is a 5pg thread slamming someone for doing the exact same thing but most people here think its Ok for Rich(nregret).

Last edited:

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was my picture and my acro wasnt even lineaged as a "red robin stag". Im in canada......if anything I would say my acro in question which I believe is a.convexa is more like PC rainbow acro but no lineage there either.
pro

So two issues that bothered me somewhat is that he used it with out permission to sell something and that they are not proven to be even the same. Also it's probably not the first time he has used this method.

But like I said before ...it bothered me but not to the point that I cared to do anything about it.

I do find it funny that there is a 5pg thread slamming someone for doing the exact same thing but most people here think its Ok for Rich(nregret).
He's a good guy and kind of like a goof and i totally agree with you! He's a multiple offender lol. But he's nice.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol I just read the title and the poor guy was asking about his chalices and sizes lollolololol. I think we derrailed this thread a little rofl!

Darren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darryl I do understand your position. Like I said he is a nice guy. If you look at the positive side you must be a good photographer and have a nice coral. :)
Anyway not sure what the laws are related to posting a pic on a public forum and someone reusing it. Just curious can you post the pic in question or pm me with it?

Thanks, Darren

P.S. Sorry to jack this thread.

xcorallusx

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I guess its cool to steal pics because his friends/customers think he is a nice guy! Of course its not a WYSIWYG, he posted a picture of darryls colony. I have seen his ebay, and know his prices, and figured someone charging that much, would be taking pictures of his own stock. If you guys are buddys with him I would tell him to come on here and explain why he used someone else's picture without permission to sell a coral that isnt even red robin lol. The title of this thread is rnegret cornbred chalice opinion, I think its good to let others know their opinions on stealing photos for profit.

darryl_v

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MEh....i dont think its good practice but if the customers are happy im not going on a witch hunt. He should be taking his own pics though.

Anyway..its been documented. I dont think we need to talk it to death.

xcorallusx

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HERE IS ANOTHER ONE HE SAID IT WAS A TYREE SUPERMAN BUT FOUND OUT FROM WWC THAT IT IS NOT AND HE LIED ABOUT THAT I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT IT IF I NEW THAT BUT STILL LOOKS GOOD. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU IN YOUR DECISION :)
REEFTANK19.jpg
[/QUOTE]

this is great

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HERE IS ANOTHER ONE HE SAID IT WAS A TYREE SUPERMAN BUT FOUND OUT FROM WWC THAT IT IS NOT AND HE LIED ABOUT THAT I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT IT IF I NEW THAT BUT STILL LOOKS GOOD. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU IN YOUR DECISION :)
REEFTANK19.jpg

this is great[/QUOTE]

Did Richard steal you baby pictures and try to sell as something else other than angry person picture police?

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your deal dude.... Why are you so against what he has and what he sells???? If I have a Tyree Red Watermelon for sale and my picture sucks and I have the original photo from the place I bought it from i will use the photo from the place i purchased it from.... Is that wrong, even though it is from the same colony and it is the picture that I saw when i purchased the coral? You are making way to big of deal out of this just to bag on the guy... I stand behind Rich 100% as do many other people do that have purchased from him in the past.

Last edited:

ColaAddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no problems with reusing pics, as long as what Im selling came from that same piece in the picture and that pic isn't copyrighted.
As a seller you try to use the best pic you can get of your product

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back