RO/DI 5 Stage Red Hose

LunaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you solve it: Red line WILL NOT stay connected to the diverter that comes with the RO/DI setup. I had an email chat with BRS & shared a photo with customer service and Rep thought I was missing something so they sent me a new diverter. It's exactly the same as the one that I have and I'm still having the same problem. The hose shoots off and sprays everything. I know, the obvious suggestion would be to ease off the sink flow but it's barely at 50% and the hose just won't stay on. Even slightest amount of pressure and it comes off. Any suggestions will help. Need to do a water change on two tanks ASAP :(

IMG_0B8C5D1B6C81-1.jpeg

OP
OP
LunaReef

LunaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^this, cut a 1/4" off push it all the way in and pull back. make sure the locking collar is back.
Ok, going in for the 4th attempt. How can I be the only one? lol. I swear I'm not the typical damsel in distress.

OP
OP
LunaReef

LunaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the hose is supposed to slide over this little notch, it won't go over it. And if I try to force it, it feels like the faucet connection will break off.

Attachments

• IMG_1638.jpg
    IMG_1638.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
LunaReef

LunaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, will try again. Just came back from Home Depot with this a few couplings and it still doesn't seal the flow.

Attachments

• IMG_1640.pdf
    17 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1640.pdf
    17 MB · Views: 12
OP
OP
LunaReef

LunaReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you might not need the booster but im on a well. i think they recommend a minimum of around 50-80 depending on your unit
I've got the 100 gpd on City water. Pushed it to 60%. I'm just afraid of the hose popping off again, lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back