RO/DI and Water Pressure

  • Thread starter Thread starter inetjnky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

inetjnky

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2013
Messages
581
Reaction score
319
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I hooked up a New 5 stage water saver plus RO/DI system. I hooked up a dual in line TDS meter before the water hits the unit as well as after it comes out of the unit but before the DI canister to monitor RO TDS and assist with TDS creep when first turning the unit on. I also have a dual in line TDS meter on the DI canister.

My question is my water pressure and how it's affecting my unit. When I turn the unit on, my water pressure is around 90 to 95 psi... The instructions say to keep the pressure under 80 psi to save the seals. I have a ball valve at the beginning of the unit. Will I just have to adjust that accordingly or is there something I can add inline to reduce the pressure?
 
I have high water pressure and I use a valve. I use it to turn on and off the system and adjust how much water goes to the unit. That's the way I'd go unless you were planning on keeping water going to the unit all the time.
 
Thanks. I added a ball valve to the beginning. I was afraid that would be the case. The valve is just really touchy. I'll have to play with it more and figure it out. Thanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new