RO/DI booster pump question

  • Thread starter Thread starter m0nk3y69d
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

m0nk3y69d

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
724
Reaction score
31
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I just got my aqua fx booster pump for my BRS 6stage 75GPD RO/DI and I have it hooked up on my supply line and when its on its pushing over 100 psi into the membrane and I have ben told not to run it over 100 psi and I was wondering how I can reduce the pressure into the membrane
 
o ok in all of the videos I have watched and stuff I have read not one said anything about that lol
 
I have run my Aquatec 8800 at 100 psi for 8 years with zero problems. Membranes love pressure and the higher it is the better it performs. The issue is housings and fittings on many eBay quality systems probably are not UPC code rated and may fail under pressure or surge. You shouldn't have a problem though as BRS uses name brand components.
 
I have it running now at 90psi I think I need to get a better pressure gage though because the needle is bouncing like crazy either that or it's the pump is making it bounce like because the pressure gage is right after the pump and the line vibrates a little and I moved the pump to right before the membrane so the water has to go through my sediment and carbon filters first
 
With a booster pump you need a liquid filled pressure gauge. The liquid dampens the pulsations from the pump.
 
That's what I thought I will have to order one and I have to say I am loving the increased production
 
Much better than the increased production is the improved rejection rate. Your DI will last many times longer and pay for the pump in no time.
 
A liquid filled gauge may pulse a bit but the needle isn't going to bounce around and peg until it twists off.
RO booster pumps are usually diaphragm style pumps that pulse up and down as they pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new