RO/DI filter changes and TDS meter

blalaw87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening,
I have a BRS rodi system. It is 5 stages. The first 3 are the 1 micron sediment filter, I micron carbon block, followed by the 1 micron carbon block. The second section is the deluxe DI canisters which has two DI resins. This section has a TDS meter for the input and output.

I have noticed in this section that the input of the TDS has crept up and is in the 170ish range currently but the output out of the DI stages is still 0. Do I need to worry about the output even if the input keeps rising as long as the output is still zero?

also wanted to see how accurate the TDS meters are or should I invest in a handheld version as well?

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I change mine out when it reads 2 going into the 2 di add if my di on the 4 stage isn't burned up typically 4 mo for me my water sucks lol

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds something is wrong, after your membrane you should be in the low double figures at most, you can work it out, check your membrane rejection rate on the label, should be around 95%, so if your home tap water has tds of say 300 you should be at most 15 tds after the membrane? The resin is a final polish the membrane and carbon do the majority of the work.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back