feeeesh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone- could really use some
Advice. I would like to purchase a
RO/DI system and trying to find something ideally at about $150, could afford a bit more. The one catch is that I would like for it to remove chloramine as my water district treats our water with it. I understand few systems do this off the shelf and i may need to upgrade to get this capability. Really hoping someone can provide excellent guidance. I have a 75 gallon so water changes are about 10-15 gallons on the weekend plus about 1-2 gallons top off during the week

BadSquishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My city also uses chloramine, so I’ve got the BRS 6-stage RODI. Works perfectly. My system is 90 gallons and I use it for all my water. I confirm chloramine removal regularly with dipsticks, and I also had ICP analysis done just to be sure. All chlorine and chloramine is removed with this system.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chloramine removal usually involves 2 carbon blocks (1 regular followed by another designed for chloramine). This can be added pretty easily with one extra filter housing and some tubing to connect it to the system.

OP
OP
F

feeeesh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Gedxin, Spieg, and Bad Squishy. I have attached the chloramine info from my
City. Does this appear to be a lot?

9CEBDA80-174B-4D40-B841-0CED633F7F67.jpeg

howaboutme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you install 1 micron or less carbon filter you will not need an extra stage for chloromines. Not many people know this because it's buried deep in the abyss of research. When you buy most of the sets at BRS, etc, you get 5 microns. They are just okay. I always use 1 micron or less (.5 if you can) for both carbon and sediment. This way, your latter stages will last much longer.

Kazumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was you I would buy both of these RODI systems from this guy. https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ro-di.857432/ Take the 4 stage filter, replumb it into sediment, carbon, carbon, and then a chloramine carbon. Take the two RO housings plumbed in series to make a 200 GPD output, the take those last three housing to use as the DI's.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With such a small amount needed a 50 GPD unit would suffice.
Try Spectrapure or Buckeye Field Supply. Both are reputable companies.

Kazumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that much water isn't needed, one could always just put in dual 50gpd membranes instead. But the point was for $110 he could make a top notch system. IMO it doesn't matter who makes the housings (they probably all come from the same Chinese factory anyway) as long as they hold standard filters. Then just buy high quality filters for it.

Solga

2 lost souls swimming in a fish bowl ...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back