RO/DI Help!

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Literally though the dow and the spectrapure membranes look identical, same color l, design just with a different sticker on them.

Spectrapure membranes are in fact Dow Filmtec membranes. Dow Filmtec membranes have a rejection rate range between 96% to 99%. See the data sheet.

I believe Spectrapure batch tests these Dow membranes and and selects the ones that actually have a 99% rejection rate and markets them as their SpectraSelect 99% rejection rate membranes. They also claim to treat them with some sort of proprietary process, but I know nothing about that! ;)

aquaman99

Live Sale Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What will replacing the garden hose do? What filters and such do you have on that customer 7 stage? Sounds pretty awesome. BRS has the upgrade kit for mine to make it a 6 stage which I think is awesome.
I had a massive leak in my garden hose due to rust as the spout plus a few pin hole leaks throughout. I replaced the hose and now I make single digit TDS before DI. My plan for the 7 stage is either two particle filters or two carbon. I will have to do testing to see which one gets used faster with my water. Then either anoion or cation. I have to see which one my water uses more. Then the opposite of the anion or cation. Then a mixed bed.
So it could look like: particle, carbon, carbon, RO, cation, anion, mixed.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@waterdog, are you running one our two of those membranes?

Literally though the dow and the spectrapure membranes look identical, same color l, design just with a different sticker on them.

I use just 1 RO membrane. I don't have the need to make that much water at once.

OP
OP
Topreefer92

Topreefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have checked my tds with a better tds meter (brand new) and the tds coming out of the tap is 530, looks like 18-20 tds before resin stage is the best I am going to get. I will just have to go through more di! Also all prefilters replaced brought psi closer to 75-80. I was just thinking if there was something I could add on to the system to get it lower than that.

aquaman99

Live Sale Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might sound off topic but is it normal for it to be now 8 hours to “prime” my all new 7 stages? Is something clogged? Still not even a drip of RODI. Psi is 55.

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have checked my tds with a better tds meter (brand new) and the tds coming out of the tap is 530, looks like 18-20 tds before resin stage is the best I am going to get. I will just have to go through more di! Also all prefilters replaced brought psi closer to 75-80. I was just thinking if there was something I could add on to the system to get it lower than that.

The easiest way to reduce TDS out of the membrane is to increase pressure. However it's better to do it after the pre-filters so you don't have 100 psi in your pre-filter canisters.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Get a membrane with better rejection rate like has be suggested by @waterdog and @Opus. A change is rejection rate from 98% to 99% will double the life of the DI resin. From your rate of 96.6% to 99% would more than tripple the resin life. Youi also might want to look at a multistage DI.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a membrane with better rejection rate like has be suggested by @Water Dog and @Opus. A change in rejection rate from 98% to 99% will double the life of the DI resin. From your rate of 96.6% to 99% would more than triple the resin life. You also might want to look at a multistage DI system.

I apparently can not type this morning.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back