RO/DI not shutting off

Poriferabob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2016
Messages
160
Reaction score
44
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am losing my mind trying to figure this one out.
Over the last few months, my BRS RO/DI unit has been making a (I hate to call it this but it seems to be a popular description) "farting" noise.
Every time this happens the pressure gauge is dropping so it is cleary a loss of pressure somewhere.

I have replaced about every component I can and nothing is fixing it.

It does continue to produce wastewater even after it shuts off.

Wouldn't that mean flow restrictor or Auto shut off valve?

Please some one help me figure this out
 
I had to replace my auto shut off valve. Mine made a strange noise you could only hear on the other side of the wall it is mounted too.
The flow restrictor has nothing to do with it shutting off.
 
It’s the white box with four lines going into it/ the auto shut off. Even a properly working auto shut off takes a few minutes to shut, and farting is not a problem
 
Mine would make a ridiculous loud vibrating. My issue was the orientation of the auto shut off and and wasn't properly plumbed. Also sometimes if the float valve isn't setup correctly it won't allow it to fully close.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new