Ro/di or tap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh its not, I wanted it but my tank is 4" less width than it (The aquatic life is 18" and I have an 14" tank) and I also have a canopy, I was planning on four sunblaster nanotechs with two ati blue plus and two ati true actinic for the pop in colour and the nice blue, I have a a eurobraced tank so I can buy the gooseneck and connect it to those.

OP
OP
Andrew.nappo74

Andrew.nappo74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me either.. I'm sure not the best way.. but I'm gonna switch to rodi to be safe...make it a point to find something cheap this weekend.. but truthfully I only noticed algea on rocks etc not to my liking but managable..thank you all for the advice..

OP
OP
Andrew.nappo74

Andrew.nappo74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a bozly Chinese light no fans suppose to be 300w combined..timer on phone etc..I got mixed reviews but it does work..and it was under a hundred for the 40...

OP
OP
Andrew.nappo74

Andrew.nappo74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
49 breeder is such a nice size and shape tank for a smaller finished attic

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Chinese black box with fans and they get very hot. I would keep an eye on that unit you bought without fans. Smell in the vent hole just in case it Smells like something is burning.

OP
OP
Andrew.nappo74

Andrew.nappo74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No this thing stays virtually silent and disapates heat amazing..12 hrs on and cool to touch..

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me either.. I'm sure not the best way.. but I'm gonna switch to rodi to be safe...make it a point to find something cheap this weekend.. but truthfully I only noticed algea on rocks etc not to my liking but managable..thank you all for the advice..
LiquaGen - 5-Stage Reverse...
This is the unit I bought works great very happy with the product

Twitchy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
running tap water has contributed to me giving up at least twice on reefing in my early days... The about of headache I have caused myself trying to be frugal in this hobby sickens me a little looking back. It took me several years to realize that "can", and "should" are not synonyms when it comes to this hobby. You can get a basic RODI setup for $60 on amazon. that is less then the cost of many frags out there. Looking back I would choose a good RODI setup any day over a protein skimmer if I could only afford one.

OP
OP
Andrew.nappo74

Andrew.nappo74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed..algea has always been a contributing factor to give up in past for me as well..2 weeks and the tsnk just looks gloomy..I'm sure people do it and get by but I'm grabbing that rodi on Saturday..

Attachments

• 20200701_120037.mp4
    12.1 MB

tvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RoDi doesn't mean you won't have an algae problem. All RoDi means is the water is dead and you have to dose. Then you feed, add salt, add livestock. Here comes the algae, natures filter. Have your tap water tested if you don't trust it. IMHO

OP
OP
Andrew.nappo74

Andrew.nappo74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rocks are turning to dark for me..WW..

Attachments

• 20200701_121514.mp4
    18.6 MB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black Boxes are cheaply Chinese made... I'd watch it but I'll take your word and different algae feed on different things such as diatoms feed of silicates so a RO/DI unit would be effective while some algaes like cyano (Not an algae but bacteria) feeds of nitrogen out of the water so low nitrates/phosphates aren't effective but dinos love low nitrate and phosphate. IMO a RO/DI is a good investment.

Back