RO/DI TDS is 1 PPM

  • Thread starter Thread starter SMSHAPERO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SMSHAPERO

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
Gaithersburg
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Aquamaxx Puratek RO/DI system with a booster pump. I started using it about 4 months ago. I don't use it every day. Only when I need water for top-off and salt mixing. I have 4 aquariums the largest is 40 gallons. It was producing water at 0 PPM. Last week it was producing water at 1 PPM. All of the cartridges are 4 months old. What should I do? I would prefer my water to be 0 PPM. Is 1 PPM OK?
I look forward to everyones expert advice. I have only been doing this for a couple of years.
 
I mean, a TDS of 1 isn't ideal - but it's not the end of the world, either. I aim for 0 TDS, but will occasionally get a TDS of 1 as well. If it goes higher I'd probably change out your filters.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new