Poll: RO/DI Waste Water

What do you guys do with RODI waste water?

• Dump it down the drain

Votes: 288 70.8%
  • Use it for laundry

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • Water plants/Lawn

Votes: 102 25.1%
  • Other

Votes: 23 5.7%

• Total voters

Spdstr280Z

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water is cheap and currently plentiful here, so it goes back to nature via the septic system for now. I have thought about other options, and if / when we have another drought I'll put it to better use if not before.

Jason

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kind of a dual setup. It goes to a 55 gallon barrel that my wife uses to water the garden, but once that is full it has an "overflow" that puts all the extra down the drain.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do people route the waste line to a washing machine, is just placing the waste line into the inlet hose of the washing machine? The machine doesn't need water pressure, and how do i know when the machine is "full" of water?

aoe2king1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do people route the waste line to a washing machine, is just placing the waste line into the inlet hose of the washing machine? The machine doesn't need water pressure, and how do i know when the machine is "full" of water?
I placed my waste line from the RODI inside the drain pipe behind the washing machine, placed it next to the black hose coming off the washing machine that connects to the pvc drain.

SDReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a garden hose for my RO unit, so RODI water goes into one 35 gallon trash can and wastewater goes into another 35 gallon trash can. I then use a bucket to water the flowers.

OP
OP
Salty Carlo

Salty Carlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just open the lid and let it drain in the drum until full and do a load of laundry

fishbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine goes into the washing machine. One day I timed how long it takes to fill my washer. Now I set a timer (my phone) for 20 min before it's full so I can check on it. If I need more than the washer will hold, it goes into the yard or drain depending on the weather.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back