RO filter issue

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened??? My RO filter was normal until I plugged it again and the water got from 0006 to 0120 ppm tds, I have been using this filter for 4 hours for now, it's new and the water was clean and everything until the 4th hour something happened and the tds raised to 120ppm what do I do????

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the TDS 120?
Pre Membrane?
Post Membrane?
Post DI?

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you just fill it and start using it? Usually you have to fill / empty the new system before u. I did this with mine twice before using. I don’t really know why the TDS would go up though. Do you have an RO? Or an RODI? I ask because if your tap water has high TDS, then you will need RODI. Have you checked your tap water to see what it reads.

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you just fill it and start using it? Usually you have to fill / empty the new system before u. I did this with mine twice before using. I don’t really know why the TDS would go up though. Do you have an RO? Or an RODI? I ask because if your tap water has high TDS, then you will need RODI. Have you checked your tap water to see what it reads.
RO and the tap water tds is actually low (210ppm), I only filled the canister and rinsed it and then it worked normally, all the 25L of water was good until that weird thing happened

OP
OP
littlehermit0

littlehermit0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait actually nevermind I tested it every second and got back to 15ppm

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back