RO filter issue

littlehermit0

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Messages
412
Reaction score
113
Location
France
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened??? My RO filter was normal until I plugged it again and the water got from 0006 to 0120 ppm tds, I have been using this filter for 4 hours for now, it's new and the water was clean and everything until the 4th hour something happened and the tds raised to 120ppm what do I do????
 
Where is the TDS 120?
Pre Membrane?
Post Membrane?
Post DI?
 
Did you just fill it and start using it? Usually you have to fill / empty the new system before u. I did this with mine twice before using. I don’t really know why the TDS would go up though. Do you have an RO? Or an RODI? I ask because if your tap water has high TDS, then you will need RODI. Have you checked your tap water to see what it reads.
 
Did you just fill it and start using it? Usually you have to fill / empty the new system before u. I did this with mine twice before using. I don’t really know why the TDS would go up though. Do you have an RO? Or an RODI? I ask because if your tap water has high TDS, then you will need RODI. Have you checked your tap water to see what it reads.
RO and the tap water tds is actually low (210ppm), I only filled the canister and rinsed it and then it worked normally, all the 25L of water was good until that weird thing happened
 
Did you just fill it and start using it? Usually you have to fill / empty the new system before u. I did this with mine twice before using. I don’t really know why the TDS would go up though. Do you have an RO? Or an RODI? I ask because if your tap water has high TDS, then you will need RODI. Have you checked your tap water to see what it reads.
Wait actually nevermind I tested it every second and got back to 15ppm
 
It sounds like there may be an issue with your RO filter. A sudden increase in TDS from 6 ppm to 120 ppm could indicate a problem with the membrane or another component of the system.
 
It sounds like there may be an issue with your RO filter. A sudden increase in TDS from 6 ppm to 120 ppm could indicate a problem with the membrane or another component of the system.
Everything is ok now, this post is very old, I found the issue it was warm water but I fixed it by just turning the water very cold
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new