RO unit in Oxnard, CA

Alex’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have been getting R/O from my LFS that i work at and 4 of my zoa frags have not been opening up. I bought them 2 weeks ago and my latest theory is that my water im using is not 0 TDS. I'm looking into getting a unit from BRS but idk how hard my water is. I know in Ventura its at 900 TDS. I believe its safe to assume the water in my city (6 miles away) is about the same. I am debating whether getting a large R/O unit from a water store that produces 0 TDS as i need it for my quarantine business anyway, but i really want to be using 0 TDS for my 100gal reef tank and my 23 gal frag tank that my zoas are in. Does anyone have any experience on RODI units here in the Ventura/Oxnard area and if you do, I would really appreciate your input.

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to live in Camarillo and didn’t have a problem making RODI with a BRS unit. Filters lasted well enough, though I wasn’t making water for 100G tank.

OP
OP
Alex’s Reef

Alex’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to live in Camarillo and didn’t have a problem making RODI with a BRS unit. Filters lasted well enough, though I wasn’t making water for 100G tank.
gotcha. I was talking to the guy that supplies our corals at the store and he said water in Camarillo is 300 TDS but it drastically increases in Ventura.
How many stages did you have in your RODI unit?

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotcha. I was talking to the guy that supplies our corals at the store and he said water in Camarillo is 300 TDS but it drastically increases in Ventura.
How many stages did you have in your RODI unit?
Wow, I didn’t realize it would be that different. It was a 6 stage - sediment, two carbon, membrane, and two DI.

OP
OP
Alex’s Reef

Alex’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I didn’t realize it would be that different. It was a 6 stage - sediment, two carbon, membrane, and two DI.
Okay thank you, this gives me an idea on what to do. Im so frustrated my zoas arent opening up, they open up in anyone elses tanks.. ughh lol

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back