RO unit lines backwards?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

fredk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a used BRS basic 4 stage RO I'm finally getting set up. Got it all leak tested, but I think the RO out and waste out lines are reversed. When I turn on the supply water, it gushed out what is the RO water out line, but not much comes out the supposed waste line, even with the restrictor bypass engaged.

Hmm, just realized I can only post pictures from a hosting site and I don't have one.

Can someone post a picture of the RO housing with the RO water out and Waste out ports labelled?

OP
OP
F

fredk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, was not logged in when I tried to post. Here is how its set up.

RO.jpg

OP
OP
F

fredk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your TDS meter saying?
Nothing. Needs a battery. :D

I'm 99% sure the lines are backwards, just want to double check here. Just to be clear, what I want to eliminate is the possibility that there is an issue with the way the membrane is seated in the housing.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it come with the lines attached? I think you are correct. The water that comes from the housing outside the membrane on the edge of the housing is waste. The line that comes from the center of the housing is the RO water.

OP
OP
F

fredk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked it up as part of a used tank package. Yes it came that way.

On this unit, both ports are equidistant from the center.

Worst case, I guess I can take it apart and see where the center exit port from the inside goes using some fish wire

OP
OP
F

fredk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched a few BRS videos and figured it out. It is reversed on my unit. The original owner must have taken it apart and put it back together backwards

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched a few BRS videos and figured it out. It is reversed on my unit. The original owner must have taken it apart and put it back together backwards
Sorry for being late to the party; it seems like you already have it figured out. These lines are indeed backwards. Good news is that all you have to do is push on the little collar on the push connect fitting as you pull the line out and then push the lines back into the correct side. Should take less than a minute to get this all sorted out :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back