ro unit - spectracap vs brs (200 gpd) price difference ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jake37
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jake37

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2021
Messages
75
Reaction score
18
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both spectracap and brs sell 200 gallon per day unit. spectracap is rated 1:1 vs brs 1:1.5. The idea of minimal waste is appealing given the amount of water to be used.

The trigger for this post is that spectrapcap unit is $2000 vs brs unit which is only $375. Naturally $375 is appealing so i'm not sure if more experienced users can explain if/waht spectracap is offering for the additional $$$. Nominally I expect to use around 80 gallons a day and felt 100 gallon unit was too tight esp in the event of an emergency.

Some additional information my water base tds is around 120-130 so not super hard but not super soft; also we will be filtering the water through a charcoal unit prior to the ro unit in case that matters.
---


Also USwater has a system they claim to be 80% efficient (that is only 1/5th of a gallon lost per gallon of ro water); would this system be a decent alternative ?

https://www.uswatersystems.com/defe...tem.html?acc=27232d411f538480d19e9b054f960024
 
That's a heavy price difference for what looks to be just a couple extra cartidges and some brass fittings. If you buy the BRS the difference is a nice water softener. My water is hard hard. I threw away membranes monthly until I put in a softener. i'd trust the water quality of the BRS. I'm sceptical about the price of the other one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new