RO UNIT

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pieter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pieter

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2024
Messages
33
Reaction score
75
Location
South Africa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone. Will a RO unit work if I put the inlet feed into a water drum, or does it need that pressure from the tap? Mine does have a pressure pump in it.
 
I'm looking to do the same thing(but haven't done it yet). The diaphragm pump should be able to suck water up and out. I would probably use 3/8" line feeding the pump to give it best chance to not slow flow. Better yet, drill near the bottom of water drum and install r.o fitting as a bulkhead. This way gravity does some work, should make the pump last longer/ perform better
 
I'm looking to do the same thing(but haven't done it yet). The diaphragm pump should be able to suck water up and out. I would probably use 3/8" line feeding the pump to give it best chance to not slow flow. Better yet, drill near the bottom of water drum and install r.o fitting as a bulkhead. This way gravity does some work, should make the pump last longer/ perform better
Thank you, yes even perhaps install a small powerhead that can feed the inlet (Something like that). Thank you
 
Essentially. It will work but deadheading a regular pump will greatly reduce its service life. For the sake of reliability/ performance/ energy consumption, I would penetrate the drum and use gravity to feed pressure pump. This is a rare opportunity, you almost never get to increase reliability and performance while using less power all with one slight change
 
Essentially. It will work but deadheading a regular pump will greatly reduce its service life. For the sake of reliability/ performance/ energy consumption, I would penetrate the drum and use gravity to feed pressure pump. This is a rare opportunity, you almost never get to increase reliability and performance while using less power all with one slight change
Thank you. Will give it a "go"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new