Roast my Aquascape

Looks great except... won't the top rock be algae city as it's right under the light and there isn't enough depth to put corals there? I doubt many algae eaters would go there either.

Don't forget to start a build thread and link it to your profile!
Great question, I did that somewhat on accident however seeing the snails and urchin on top sticking out of the water has been pretty amazing
 
I mean. . . once it's covered in corals and coraline algae I'm sure it will look cool. That said, it is a little tall for my liking, and I do think a half circle arch would be more visually appealing than a half oval. . .

but again with corals and everything I am sure it will look good.
 
Just set up my reefer 170, how bad is it?

IMG-9653.jpg IMG-9654.jpg
Lol, in my opinion, it is too high and could be lowered quite a bit . Other than that, looks great!
 
What a wonderful recreation of the St. Louis arch. Looks like you have a great career in architecture ahead of you....not so sure about reefing though...

Jk you said you wanted a roast!

I would bring it down a little bit though keep everything under the waterline with enough room to grow upward.
 
I must admit, the original photos made me think the scape was way too tall and didn’t look right to me, but now that you’ve put a ton of love into it, I really really like it and wouldn’t change a thing!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new